Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    and here's how you crash a car
    That car was programmed to self-tailgate and YES tailgating is under publicized. BUT still it is ALSO a chain reaction accident, something that CAN't be removed by programming. Each car in a chain, even if correctly following has less time to react.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

No, I was thinking of doing it as a tourist attraction, like Tank Town in the video. The pit makes up for no size difference between crusher and crushed.
      I'm in there with ya. I picked up on that, and I've been thinking, which is always not a great thing. The difference is, impact. In the tank video, not just the video, we were standing there watching it. Teresa is sitting way up on top of that thing in that contrived spectator chair with shorts on riding along, legs flopping, just having a great time, as designed. It's way over the top fun even just to watch. The safest slowest funnest thing in the world.

A derby thing as a tourist attraction would involve impact. WHAM. Immediately unsafe, and not worth the risk. That's what I think. That was a good idea until I thought about it.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Lawyers need more clients.... Plus there would be safety gear, a LOT of safety gear, right DB?

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          Lawyers need more clients.... Plus there would be safety gear, a LOT of safety gear, right DB?
          When I drove, t shirt, open face helmet, no visor, no goggles no gloves.
          My kids wear full face MX helmets, goggles and/or visors, gloves and long sleeves as well as a neck collar.

Hard to build for entry/exit and have everything reachable..
          Had just put a car on the trailer, climbing out the windshield, pants or shoe caught the shifter.. Reverse shifting, pulled it out of Park.. That was a ride off the trailer! I'll tell you a dashless window opening is not comfy!

Comment

Many of my friends who derby have a hasp to lock the shifter when on the trailer for that very reason....
            Last edited by silver_bullet; June 15, 2018, 10:29 AM.
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

When I drove, t shirt, open face helmet, no visor, no goggles no gloves.
              My kids wear full face MX helmets, goggles and/or visors, gloves and long sleeves as well as a neck collar.

Hard to build for entry/exit and have everything reachable..
              Had just put a car on the trailer, climbing out the windshield, pants or shoe caught the shifter.. Reverse shifting, pulled it out of Park.. That was a ride off the trailer! I'll tell you a dashless window opening is not comfy!
              Derby Town...... Can you get safety gear in "one size fits all"? Even if not it will be worth it. Lawyers are expensive and definitely NOT "one size fits all".

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                How to Crush a Car
                Uhhhh, just give it to DB !

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  Many of my friends who derby have a hasp to lock the shifter when on the trailer for that very reason....
                  I'll be at the farm tomorrow and will snap a pic of the current shifters.
                  Knob to lock into P or to keep it from going into P. Allows slap into gear.. Of course, brakes need to be locked if you want the tranny to live...
                  The shifter I used was 3/8 all thread with a swivel plate at the tranny. Threads offered enough grip against sweatty hand

Comment

PERFECT for tourists!

Comment

Working...
                    X