How to Crush a Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Crush a Car

I spent years here on BangShift just living on General Discussion. It was Victor who told me you'd better go check out the Power Tour branch, even though we don't do Power Tour, which I did, and that waked me up to the Gear Head Inn.

This whole adventure attached built up and came to fruition on The Power Tour Branch and we lived this out two days ago. This is a double-post, here and on the Power Tour branch.

This is Chris (74NovaMan) and Teresa.

And RockJustRock, this fulfilled my desire to cover "something." And I messed it up, the video. I had so many brief video clips that I pasted them together in the wrong time-sequence. Teresa is driving the tank and then all of a sudden Chris and Teresa are climbing up onto the tank for the first time. I did that, don't be confused. I'm putting this here on GD to make sure anybody who's interested sees it. This is a "Don't Miss," and maybe think about doing Tank Town. That is just too much fun.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

PW - I want you to notice that the windshield trim is still in place on the victim car!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      PW - I want you to notice that the windshield trim is still in place on the victim car!

Dan
      HAHAhahAhaHAH!!!!!!!!!!

I would counter with, yeah but that car wasn't going 148 mph when it got run over in 98 degree heat, and the prosecution lawyer would likely object and objection would be sustained.

Comment

Two comments.

I live with something called Asperger's so thumbs up there....

Never thought of a Tank as something needing so much foreplay.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0011.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	1204826Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0010.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1204827
          Tanks and tank retrievers ain't as omnipotent as many think. Another operator and I had that forklift in the air, using two other forklifts but somebody with more rank and less experience didn't like the way it looked. That tank retriever never got the forklift light and since it was no longer my responsibility I didn't care.
          I have plenty more pics like this of your tax dollars at work.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

What's on the pallets?

Did more of em crush?

Why not a photo with the ramp thing extended over the pallets as a joke too?

Comment

Todd's got a thing there, some kind of a giant fish with tracks on it. It's actually the TANK TOWN sign that you see from the road. I/we don't know but it for sure looks amphibious. This is the view of it from the backside.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010300.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1204831

Comment

Old Dodge in the pic.. See rear fender

Comment

So DB...... Ever think about building a Crown Vic JUST to crush other stock Crown Vics? Add some weight and springs and build a pit like that? Open a park called "Derby Town" Where a Hubby and Wife could try to total each other out? Put the kids in armored Miatas, fun for the whole family?

Monster Truck Town? Lohnes could be your first customer.
                  Last edited by RockJustRock; June 14, 2018, 01:56 PM.

Comment

RJR, yes we build Vics.. Aluminum front cradles get changed for steel ones.
                    Some seem to build pretty stout ones, most do not like them.

There ar pit derbys then there ARE pit derbys.
                    July 4th in Forks WA is probably one of the best. All concrete arena.. Built just for derbys.. Block walls built from 4X4X8 foot solid blocks.. Get too close to the wall, you are done! Fast paced!

Comment

and here's how you crash a car
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

why the sam hell isn't that on all major networks as often as the commercials that are shoved down our throats? I still believe in the value of responsible driving and often wish that everyone would be required to be fully proficient in the operation of manual transmission cars before being awarded the privilege of being awarded a driver's license...
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                          why the sam hell isn't that on all major networks as often as the commercials that are shoved down our throats? I still believe in the value of responsible driving and often wish that everyone would be required to be fully proficient in the operation of manual transmission cars before being awarded the privilege of being awarded a driver's license...
                          I consider this insider information on how to screw with a Tesla driver (who are the latest version of a BMW driver)
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

how about this?

Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              RJR, yes we build Vics.. Aluminum front cradles get changed for steel ones.
                              Some seem to build pretty stout ones, most do not like them.

There ar pit derbys then there ARE pit derbys.
                              July 4th in Forks WA is probably one of the best. All concrete arena.. Built just for derbys.. Block walls built from 4X4X8 foot solid blocks.. Get too close to the wall, you are done! Fast paced!
                              No, I was thinking of doing it as a tourist attraction, like Tank Town in the video. The pit makes up for no size difference between crusher and crushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X