East Coast Land Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Coast Land Speed

This is a post from the other page. Not for traffic, I want opinions. This fell on me like a ton of bricks.

I'm retired, we can travel. We CAN, and we have. This would take some backing from ECTA, they'd at least have to know what I'm doing, messing with folks who have signed up who want to be messed with.

I'm not kidding, this would be fun.

https://www.bangshift.com/forum/foru...racing-channel.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I'd talk to the nice man from HRM that covered the last meet. You seem willing to work with a production budget they could agree to.... $0.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Unit is sort of luke-warming up to the idea, since this is new idea. But she's already said we'll need a Go Fund Me account to pay for it. So I don't think she knows I'm serious. But it might be a dumb idea anyhow, but I think it would be huge fun.

Comment

Oh..... So you WOULDN'T be doing it for s**ts and giggles? Correct me, s**ts, giggles and the glory of ECTA..... Is Brian still empowered there? And IF the budget is more than $0 why not Land Speed Garage period and you could grace us on THIS coast too? I kinda assumed your budget would match the opulence of LSR awards, $0.If you could livestream events, that would be a plus. You could be the equivalent of Motor Mania TV. Speed Mania TV. More good 'ol grassroots people to talk to. I get the feeling the Walters, Mark and Joanne LOVE to talk to people. And what about Track Days and Auto Crosses? Of course you would need to avoid Drag Racing because I still believe the warm fuzzy you seek at LSR exists there too. But everything could change. Road Trip Car Shows are NOT your warm and fuzzy judging by Cars and Cones. Just points to ponder, thinking out loud. Me 'n Rusty we do EVERYTHING out loud it seems....

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          Me 'n Rusty we do EVERYTHING out loud it seems....
          Stop calling me Rusty and I won't call you Shirley. And why don't you ever say what you actually think?

And let me take care of this coast and you take care of yours. Now, first we'll need a list of folks who are signed up for the next event. I want little guys, folks at about my level. Hacking without a lot of tools but willing to try to give land speed a run. That's step 1.

Comment

That was sincere. If you like being on camera, be on camera MORE.

Oh, and Land Speed Mania TV. See if Mark and Joanne mind and stake that out.

Sure beats BBQs and pressure washers....... and Corvettes.
            Last edited by RockJustRock; June 9, 2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

That was sincere. If you like being on camera, be on camera MORE.
              No, wrong again. I want to meet the guys who are not on the top. I don't want a camera, but I'll hold onto it and aim it while they're talking.

Comment

Sure beats BBQs and pressure washers....... and Corvettes.
                Nice you should notice. Look....I want to do a story about that steam motorcycle guy, wherever he is. I'm always strapped in the car waiting to run....I want to meet that guy.

And all the others, I honestly believe there's so many storylines there. That's what I see. That's what I can picture. And if it comes to fruition it'll take me out of the running lineup and I don't mind. It wouldn't make much sense to do a story about a bike or a car and then not finish it off with them making a run, on video. I think that's what I want to do. I'm on a mission.
                Last edited by pdub; June 9, 2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

And in my imagination at least, as far as somebody to cover the stories about the people in land speed, I have some micro amount of credibility. I have at least done it a few times. No authority, but at least credibility.

Comment

I'm talking to myself, I'm talking out loud to myself and the doctors say that's crazy, as long as you pay their bill.

I bought Red out from under a tree up the street. A rescue dog, if you look at it that way.

I bolted stuff onto him and have had more fun with that car.....I've spent a whole lot more money having fun with that car than I ever spent on the car.

There's got to be more stories like that out there in land speed. And there are. Just looking at the stuff that's running.

I'm gonna do this, covering the stories. I'm bound to do it, permission or not. After this weekend, when we go and have even more fun in Red.

Comment

Well, what time I've seen you seem happy and fun to watch on camera. Hope I helped you think out loud here.

As for what I REALLY think, I dunno. I envision things. I envisioned "Why buy this or that cold air when if I shut my eyes I can SEE Red with a blower?". I can SEE Bubba with an engine swap. Might not be a Diesel. Just crazy I guess.

Comment

O.K. let's start sawing on this limb I'm on.

One point of caution.... When new to a hobby, every time you participate you are innovating and changing. THEN comes THE WALL. Ideally the car is DONE and you are looking for another. Other times an unspeakable something just crops up. It becomes ALL you can do just to dust the car off and participate. At that point Pee Wee dropping by to see your car covered in dust or even asking, just MIGHT not be welcome. Even if it is a steam motorcycle.

Comment

O.K. let's start sawing on this limb I'm on.

One point of caution.... When new to a hobby, every time you participate you are innovating and changing. THEN comes THE WALL. Ideally the car is DONE and you are looking for another. Other times an unspeakable something just crops up. It becomes ALL you can do just to dust the car off and participate. At that point Pee Wee dropping by to see your car covered in dust or even asking, just MIGHT not be welcome. Even if it is a steam motorcycle.
                          Okay I get it Rock, And you have INDEED been a sounding board here. Most folks hold back a whole lot more. You and I are good as long as you are good. I'm just on a tear....not like tears crying, but a tear, like tare.

It's not the cars, it's not the machines. It's the people. Sure the cars are the catalyst but it's the people. The folks who pursue some sort of a goal through the machines. I've done it. The machine caused it, you can say, but there was something waiting within or else the machine would not have set it off, caused "it" to happen.

It takes so much effort just to get to and "be" at a land speed event, the folks who are there each have a story to tell. I want to capture that. That's what I see. The spectators have no idea what it takes. They don't. And if all they want to do is spectate, they deserve and need to know what they're looking at. Even if nobody else is interested.

I'm gonna do this, I just don't know exactly where to start.

Comment

I know another damn Pee Wee thread won't be enough, but....

Start a new "Tell your whole DAMN ECTA story HERE" thread. Then (naturally) tell your whole DAMN ECTA story. Let someone interview YOU. Get others to tell their whole DAMN ECTA story. Interview them. MOST IMPORTANT get it STICKIED. Continue spreading the glory of BangShift at ECTA events. Put the interviews on YouTube with a LOT of MORE HERE at BangShift links.

Comment

Hmmmmm. Let's go to bed and get some sleep in different time zones and talk about this again tomorrow Rock. Right now I'm not sure you and I are on the same channel.

Comment

Working...
                              X