Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Dropping All Sedan Production except.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdub View Post
    "That's a steam powered motorcycle," .
    Yikes!

It's not a "crotch rocket" . . . It's a "crotch roaster!"

But now he knows how the hot dog feels . . . .

Of course, who wouldn't want to be Burt Munro while straddling a tea kettle . . .

The great thing about a steam-powered motorcycle is the optional carpet cleaning attachment.

I'll bet that thing runs like a scalded dog . . .

When you have to lay it down, it doubles as a water slide (sorta).

It's the only motorcycle that can brew a cup of tea while you're waiting for the ambulance . . . .

A steam whistle takes "loud pipes save lives " to the "next level."

Nothing like the exhilarating warmth of steam wafting up on a humid summer's day . .

And you'll never have to worry about wrinkles in your racing suit . . . .

And at the end of a long ride, it's the only bike that can reward you with some Mandarin rolls.
    Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; June 7, 2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

It's the only motorcycle that can can brew a cup of tea while you're waiting for the ambulance . . . .
      Yep, I think it was 2012 when the guy first brought it to Ohio. Lohnes was on the PA and he did actually make a reference to a cup of tea. Until it went down the track, it blasted the world record for steam motorcycle by maybe double, something like 78 mph in the time trap. I don't know what it ran this year. But it's a staple item in land speed. Just look around, where's the steam powered motorcycle? Okay, there it is, we can all run now.

The guy who built it and rides it is a boilermaker. Not a huge surprise.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The guy who built it and rides it is a boilermaker. Not a huge surprise.
        Undoubtedly someone who combines James May's love of history, Richard Hammond's love of motorcycling, and Jeremy Clarkson's love of shoveling coal . . . .

What was the fastest way to the North in the Forties? To find out, Jeremy shovels coal on a train, James gets locked out of a Jag, and Hammond gets wet on a motorcycle.

Comment

Undoubtedly someone who combines James May's love of history, Richard Hammond's love of motorcycling, and Jeremy Clarkson's love of shoveling coal . . . .
          I don't know what the thing actually burns. I'd love to talk with that guy, to find out about it. It's always in the staging area. first time it was right beside Bluebelle when I next up to go. This time, pretty much the same thing, not a time to gawk and be a tourist. It's my fault I guess, should hunt that guy down in the pits, when we're both in the pits. I can never think that clearly at the race track, I would rather just run again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Steam Motorcycle.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	1204071

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            I think most of *US* would accept a Tesla.
            Maybe Elon Musk could build John Force a Tesla Funny Car . . . so that he wouldn't crash so much.

Comment

Maybe Elon Musk could build John Force a Tesla Funny Car . . . so that he wouldn't crash so much.
              Some folks don't know when to quit. If I had 3 wrecks like JF has had 30 of them, I'd take that to be a subtle message.....keep the money and stay alive.
              Last edited by pdub; June 7, 2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

So does this mean Lincoln will make a mustang based car????
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Some folks don't know when to quit. If I had 3 wrecks like JF has had 30 of them, I'd take that to be a subtle message.....keep the money and stay alive.
                  If most people lost a piece of a foot to a machine they would avoid using that machine EVER AGAIN, But John Force and Don Garlits just kept stomping on the gas pedal of fuel cars.

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    So does this mean Lincoln will make a mustang based car????
                    I see an all SUV Lincoln Motors as slightly more likely, although Ford Design doing a Lincoln Mustang will forever give me nightmares, thank you.

Comment

Yikes!

It's not a "crotch rocket" . . . It's a "crotch roaster!"

But now he knows how the hot dog feels . . . .

Of course, who wouldn't want to be Burt Munro while straddling a tea kettle . . .

The great thing about a steam-powered motorcycle is the optional carpet cleaning attachment.

I'll bet that thing runs like a scalded dog . . .

When you have to lay it down, it doubles as a water slide (sorta).

It's the only motorcycle that can brew a cup of tea while you're waiting for the ambulance . . . .

A steam whistle takes "loud pipes save lives " to the "next level."

Nothing like the exhilarating warmth of steam wafting up on a humid summer's day . .

And you'll never have to worry about wrinkles in your racing suit . . . .

And at the end of a long ride, it's the only bike that can reward you with some Mandarin rolls.
                      30,000 hungry out of work comedians and this guy writes this many jokes about ONE steam motorcycle, go figure.

Comment

30,000 hungry out of work comedians and this guy writes this many jokes about ONE steam motorcycle, go figure.
                        I'm not getting involved with this Rock. I like the steam motorcycle and I like all of the jokes too. I'll wager the guy who built it has heard every one of them, or something like them.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post

Crown Vic was cheap to build, reliable. A friend and I was discussing this just last Monday that they shouldn't have gotten rid of the Crown Vic.
                          Bruce, we have had 7-9 P71 Vics 3 are currently used on the farm by 9-10-11 year old girls for toys.
                          The rest were used in derbys.. Strong cars if you know how to prebend.. Son's daily driver is an 05 P71 ex detective Vic. I LOVE that car! He outran an Explorer police viehcle.. When he slowed down a mile and half to turn into the driveway, the cop "caught up" to him.. Gave him a tongue lashing (as his sister is a deputy for that dept). "I have a call in town 5 miles up the road" The P71 corners real good..
                          2 of the Vics have washable molded rear seats with no fabrics. They make compartments to put the equipment in and sliding shelves. Pretty spiffy.. We love rubber floor mats on the farm!

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Henry Ford became the richest man in the world producing variations on one model - the Model T. No reason Ford can't compete in the marketplace making trucks of all sorts, SUV's, and Mustangs.
                            "Any model you want as long as it is the "T"
                            Any color you want as long as it is black"
                            Henry fought tooth n nail to not build V-8's. By then he was being forced out.

Comment

I see an all SUV Lincoln Motors as slightly more likely, although Ford Design doing a Lincoln Mustang will forever give me nightmares, thank you.
                              More than likely you are correct about all suv. I hope you are wrong, I would love to have a Mark IX with a 5.0. I would hope they would keep the stick shift as an option, let's get crazy and even make a four door version. Go after the cts, chevy ss, Bmw.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post

More than likely you are correct about all suv. I hope you are wrong, I would love to have a Mark IX with a 5.0. I would hope they would keep the stick shift as an option, let's get crazy and even make a four door version. Go after the cts, chevy ss, Bmw.
                                Cars at Ford are dead. They've announced it. They'll keep on stamping out Mustangs. Which is either good or bad. I've got a Mustang, it's not car enough because everybody's got one, they've made so many of them. They're not unique enough in the real hotrod world. I know that, I realize it all too well.

I was out in the smoking area at the motel in Arkansas talking with one of the motel employees. We were talking cars. He was a young guy, probably doing all he can to pay the rent. But we were talking cars. He wanted an old Monte Carlo. I said everybody does, good luck with that.

And out of the blue, he asked me - "What would be your dream car?"

I've never pondered that question before. I was shell shocked by that question. I thought and it took a while. I pointed to Red sitting there and said "That one." Why not? It's mine. He gets his ass whipped in every contest, but I've had my hands on him, all over him. Anybody can just "buy" something, there's not any challenge or accomplishment in that.
                                Last edited by pdub; June 7, 2018, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X