Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have we done the Shed Thread yet? If Not........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we done the Shed Thread yet? If Not........

This looks interesting. Put it on a sizeable dark colored slab with a lot of rebar for a heatsink effect. Target makes the 18.6' look longer than the 21'. Seems a LOT better idea than the tiny houses on wheels. The lofts in those things are wasted on Seniors like me anyways. I could see a group of 2-4 of these for garages or shop space too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shed.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	1201379
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

The first Haley-Davidsons were made in a 10' x 15' shed.

Comment

Watch the series Harley and the Davidsons on Discovery Channel.... pretty interesting....
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

When I worked at the Harley shop they all claimed water pump castings were used. Idon't give enough F**ks to Google that fact.

Comment

If you mean "pump castings" I could see it being a bit of sarcasm on their part. I ran my own custom HD shop for six years & never heard that said any other way. But everyone wanted their rocker boxes plated & back then they were so porous that it was nearly impossible to do. Polish one pit out & two more would appear. Used to drive the platers crazy.
          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

What they said was the first Harley was based on a water pump.

Comment

As far as that shed - that's pretty pricey. I'm pretty sure you could build one (either in wood or metal studs) for a fair bit less.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                What they said was the first Harley was based on a water pump.
                I seriously doubt it ... more than likely it was based upon the Nikolaus Otto atmospheric internal combustion gas engine design patented in 1864. In 1901, William Harley drew up plans for a small 7.07 cubic inch engine designed for use in a regular pedal-bicycle frame. Over the next two years, William and Arthur Davidson worked on their motor, finishing in 1903 with the help of Walter Davidson. They also received help from outboard motor pioneer Ole Evinrude, who was then building gas engines of his own design for automotive use.

Comment

Here's how not to build a shed. Long, but funny.

"Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin View Post
                    Here's how not to build a shed. Long, but funny.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...s-I-don-t-even
                    HAHAHahaH!!!!!!!! Those time lapse videos on Post #99 are to DIE for!!!! HAhAhahaAHAH!!!!!
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Looking at Matt's post - it seems HARDER to screw it up like that than to just do it properly. Oh, well......

Dan

Comment

I'm with you Dan... I would have to work really hard to make it look that bad.... My industrial arts teacher from back when would come back to haunt me....
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I submit that we are remiss in not thanking Matt enough for that link post. That's just....the DNA guy who started it has the best sense of humor in a large crowd. I laughed so hard I had to stop after about 110 posts, no telling how long that goes on. I couldn't "stand it" anymore, I couldn't breathe.

Comment

I have a theory about that shed but it involves ethnicity, geographic borders and gets really ugly. I got another clue from the thread too, just Google "Favela" and replace the music on the timelapse with something more ethnic as well. The apartment building I live next to is being "upgraded' to two three bedroom units and one FIVE bedroom unit, they started Feb.1, get the picture?

Comment

That thing......the time lapse videos made me get dizzy from laughing. But that's something exactly like I would build. If I built anything. That was just so too much funny. Perhaps too real.

And that's old stuff that we'd never seen. Matt dug it out for us. Thank you Matt!!!!!! HAHAHahAhahahAHAH!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X