These are one of the coolest old lawn and garden tractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are one of the coolest old lawn and garden tractors

I was bored thursday and was looking for pre '66 rollers for a group route 66 trip in 4 years . Didn't find anything so I went to the farm and garden section . I found a old shaft drive hydraulic lift hydrostat 1811 Cub Cadet minus deck and motor for $55 . It has all the bodywork with no dents . Couldn't believe it . So I bought it for Paula for mother's day ! I couldn't line up my brother in laws trailer so I had to improvise.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
      I was bored thursday and was looking for pre '66 rollers for a group route 66 trip in 4 years . Didn't find anything so I went to the farm and garden section . I found a old shaft drive hydraulic lift hydrostat 1811 Cub Cadet minus deck and motor for $55 . It has all the bodywork with no dents . Couldn't believe it . So I bought it for Paula for mother's day ! I couldn't line up my brother in laws trailer so I had to improvise.
      Wait a minute Dan......having to read this backward for content.....you got Paula a lawn tractor for Mother's Day? Is she gonna like that? I just wanna make sure I've got that clearly understood.....I'm real slow on the uptake, but that's what I think I understood.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Well , that's what I'm implying . that is her truck by the way .
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; May 12, 2018, 10:41 PM.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Back in the day... we got one of those for Sean to mow lawns for money.... once he started working elsewhere, we traded it in on a new Toro push mower with a blade clutch...
          Are you modifying it for garden tractor racing or what?
          Last edited by silver_bullet; May 13, 2018, 06:25 AM.
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
            I found a old shaft drive hydraulic lift hydrostat 1811 Cub Cadet minus deck and motor for $55 . It has all the bodywork with no dents.
            That would make a great racer ... just sayin' !

Comment

Right about now the wife is feeling like that truck LOOKS with the tractor loaded!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_56438.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	651.5 KB
ID:	1200691
              Last edited by RockJustRock; May 13, 2018, 12:42 PM.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

The plan for it is to keep it basically stock but restored with the Onan engine from my Wheel Horse . I love how it sounds . It just has that tractor sound . The Problem I'm having in my planning stage is do I keep it the yellow and white colors that the grounds keeping branch IH sold as a 1811 or change it to red ( which is my favorite color ) that the agriculture branch sold as a 872 I believe. My first cub was a yellow 127 that I got from my father in law . So , I do like the yellow and white . This will leave me with a hollow wheel horse that I can modify l
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Either way on the color as long as it isn't green and yellow (that's some other tractor company). BTW - is this the one with the fuel tank in the rear and NOT over the engine? A buddy of mine bought one for just that reason as he was concerned about the tank getting hot and doing bad things.

Dan

Comment

that is making me feel better about my old truck hanging off the end of the uhaul trailer... paint it any color you want. I'd go yellow and white, hard to go wrong there. Excellent score! Horizontal crank?
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

If we weren't already friends with Dan and Paula, I would just sit on my hands. But I can't resist. I've been married three times. The first one - They had a sale going on in the safety department and I brought a fire extinguisher home and presented it to her. I said, "Here, maybe at least now you can at least maybe TRY to cook breakfast." That didn't go over well.

I didn't think enough of her to ever consider getting her a lawn tractor.... she didn't even deserve one.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                        paint it any color you want. I'd go yellow and white, hard to go wrong there. Excellent score! Horizontal crank?
                        Well , not any color , it has to be a factory color . Horizonal shaft ,,,,,,,,shaft drive to the axle .

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Either way on the color as long as it isn't green and yellow (that's some other tractor company). BTW - is this the one with the fuel tank in the rear and NOT over the engine? A buddy of mine bought one for just that reason as he was concerned about the tank getting hot and doing bad things.

Dan
                          Dan , All real old tractors have gas tanks over the engine . My first cub was a 127model made in 1970 . It had the tank in the back .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I think that must have been what Paul had, more or less.

Dan

Comment

This is a lawn TRACTOR...
                              Look at that transaxle! Beefy...
                              Bought a Craftsman I drove around the city lot before loading into my Luv pickumup.. Dropped the back unloading and broke the transaxle!
                              Learned alot then.
                              You should be able to find implements for it.. Wood splitter chipper, snow blower, bladeS, rototillers.. List is endless!

Comment

Working...
                              X