Speechless,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speechless,

So that video that Jeep-guys celebrate about the destruction of HMMVs? sabotage.

A soldier with the U.S. Army was found guilty on Wednesday of deliberately destroying three Army vehicles by cutting the parachute straps on Humvees that were dropped during an airborne exercise in southern Germany.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I don't get it either. Lose your job,pay and jail time for what?
    "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Video reminds me of "Super Paratrooper", a primordial video game for Vic-20 among others. You got points for shooting paratroopers, BONUS points for hitting the parachute and having them drop like stones and go splat! Got banned for violence, Can't find a trace of it on the web, trust me, I LOOKED.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

probably not even a weird circumstance.

maybe coerced as to being part of the training, losing equipment.

the guy laughing accepted it easy enough.

Two of us saved an aircraft from hell more than once...
        a retiring colonel came storming to the flightline, we were still catching our lungs and minds back from all the smoke of an apu gone wild...
        I got lit real bad by a battery. woke up on my back on the flight line.

"don't you guys ever do that again, let the f****r burn."
        something to that effect.
        the other side of the see saw was offering us medals.

we saved it at least 3 times, it flew 15 more years...been in the junk yard for 10.
        57-1491.
        our names are still inside on a plaque.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 10, 2018, 02:39 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Practice or real.. Begs the question: WHY?
          Then 2nd question: What is wrong with them??

Comment

You could start one of those threads, for Jeeps.

A guy in a trusted position working with fantastically valuable equipment and people's lives commits intentional, insidious sabotage, causes a half-million dollars in direct damage plus disruption and cleanup and all he gets is a reduction in rank and dishonorable discharge??? Gosh, I hope that at-least they were a little rude to him during the process. Laughing-F-word-guy shoulda got a better spanking too.
            Last edited by Loren; May 11, 2018, 07:47 AM.

Comment

... and now that guy is out looking for a job in the private sector.... can you imagine having that train wreck working for you or with you?

Comment

Just a letter of reprimand for the SFC? I would be suspecting that he may have been in on it as well...but that may have been difficult to prove...proof however in a military court is not really needed...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  Just a letter of reprimand for the SFC? I would be suspecting that he may have been in on it as well...but that may have been difficult to prove...proof however in a military court is not really needed...
                  you have to ask "why would he think to have a camera and be recording that instant?"

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

you have to ask "why would he think to have a camera and be recording that instant?"
                    Yeah, the guys on the ground were enjoying that entirely too much.

Millennial soldiers. Ugh.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Comment

Luddism in the military is very strange. When I was in back in '75 I had to swear my total allegiance to Gerald Ford as my supreme commander. When everything you do and touch is tied to them it is required. As it gets more 9-5 the dissention surfaces. But I remember having to shout "I am nothing more than a hair on Gerald Ford's Ass!".

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                          "I am nothing more than a hair ...
                          We swear allegiance to the flag, symbol of our republic, not to any individual, ever.

Touchin' on politics again here. Polar-tiks?

Sorry W.M./mod, I'll stop.

Comment

Law in the military is by the UCMJ. Uniform Code Of Military Justice. No Constitution. No Bill Of Rights.

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X