Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey

We're in Pittsburgh and the Penguins are in the Stanley Cup playoffs. It's a big deal. The city busses, instead of route in the big banner on the front, they all say GO PENS

Hockey is not even a sport that we understand in the South. Racing is a sport, that's pretty easy to understand, but we don't understand hockey because we've never watched it. It's like pinball with humans on ice skates being the flippers. It's that fast, but faster. Our problem is even being able to follow the puck on TV. It's all a blur. But Pittsburghers cling to the Penguins, they are charged up about it.

This is not an accurate survey at all, but we've visited 4 households so far on this whirlwind tour of the Frozen Wasteland, our loved ones on Sue Unit's side of the family. The have all quit watching the Steelers, quit going to the games. Screw the NFL, and they all know why and agree. The few households we've visited, the folks have chosen to modify their weekend activities to not include Steelers football games.

That's astounding. Steelers fans, not turning against their team, but turning against the league. They can't decide whether to burn their Steelers garb or whether to use it all as shop rags. And I MEAN here in Pittsburgh. Right HERE. That's astounding.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Canadian guys, French guys, French-Canadian guys. Which city hires the best French and Canadian guys. Then that huge tin cup. We do it here with either the Kings or Ducks..... Donald Ducks. Strange Madness.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Go PENS!!!!! Win or go home tonight. I'm into it, sitting with the people (loved ones) who actually know and care what's going on. Fresh to us at least, it's fresh, not the NFL.

Comment

Hopefully they will win. I'd hate to see Washington DC get all excited over French guys, Canadian guys and French-Canadian guys.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Overtime. Insane fun.

EDIT: Well, shit. Season over. That's how it goes.
          Last edited by pdub; May 7, 2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Was talking with a friend I chat sports with.... Idonotknowa####inthing!
            Since NFL...I pretty much just catch glimpses. Things to do.. Miles to burn..
            Who is in the basketball playoffs? My giveashit meter is pegging "O".

Comment

Working...
            X