Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California, most polarizing state ever?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've lived in Dayton Ohio most of my life I've seen the changes come about we have gangs we have drugs we have child molester and murders. There are parts of Ohio I won't go in anymore. I've been in the deep South and I have never seen so many guns on one cop anywhere. I'm sure Cali, NYC even Mexico has places that you don't want to go but I'm sure like all states they have some beautiful spots also. Just because it's not happening on my street don't mean it's not still happening around me. I'm sure every state has it's share of problems and our youths are so lost I don't know if they can recover but then again all they hear is negativity and act accordingly. All they hear is they have no future no jobs and no chance so why should they care. That and the internet don't help all it spreads is garbage and lies to help keep them down. Just my opinion!
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07395.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1199826

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

And THAT is PRECISELY why you CAN'T live here. Not allowed. We have people at the borders watching for you letting the Latinos through. You see, with everything bad and worse that has been said, nobody has blamed anything on anyone or passed any kind of judgement. Not allowed HERE. Here being this state and this forum which is of course a product of this state.

High taxes are a burden, but only on those who can and are willing to pay them. Thus instead of sucking up welfare money like MOST tax fearing, God fearing Red welfare states California has a budget SURPLUS. Our government actually MAKES MONEY and DOES THINGS.

The Old South just MIGHT have the resources it needs, but it is clutching them tightly in greed looking over it's shoulder too much to enjoy or use them.

California is BROKEN. It can't get broken any worse. It can't be fixed. But it will keep on going. It just is. If you don't like it don't look at it, but don't EVEN expect to be able to change it. It will defy you and do the opposite AND it will work out.

California IS a separate country and it is paying for that other country. Take away the Yankee part and the Left Coast Part and you'd have Pakistan left that spends a LOT of money yet doesn't DO much.
        I also can see california as a state I can take or leave... you will not have to worry about me as I will leave that state to you and yours... enjoy!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Well, it seems like we're getting adequately polarized here.

Comment

Well , the only comments I'd make are the ones that have already been expressed and since they are political I'll just leave it at that . Also I think we shouldn't be picking on California. You pick on Indiana and I wouldn't like it . I can pick on it and since I am invested in it , it's ok .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

That's the point. You can pick on it all you like and it will still be the ONLY California in the room.

Just like you can pick on Corvettes all you like and they will still be fast.. Unless they have the original motor and were built between 75-82. OR if they have a broken axle. OR........ It goes on.

I like Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio and Michigan because they have Farm Boys that can REALLY play basketball. I don't know what happens to them after College, but until then, WOW!
              Last edited by RockJustRock; May 6, 2018, 01:52 PM.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                Well, it seems like we're getting adequately polarized here.
                Indeed, and it all started because someone in California doesn't like Corvettes.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                  Don't get me started....
                  oh yes.... too late
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07395.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1199826
                    Nice...after they Californicated Oregon..
                    Sell a house still owing 2/3 on, buy the same or better in Oregon and pay cash

Comment

I lived in Cali from 1988 to 2013. Life just got tougher and tougher. Everything got more expensive but my income barely budged.

What I did like about living there was, of course, the weather, year round hot rodding, and the beauty of the state. It had everything, beautiful beaches, deserts, farm land, mountains, forests, everything. If there is an activity you liked to do, it was all there somewhere in the state. LA was so big and diverse, you can pick the area you would want to live in. You have beach lifestyle, pure urban, suburban, Hollywood and music industry, bohemian hippy, even what would seem to be rural in the canyons. If you can't find a neighborhood you would feel comfortable living in, there is something wrong with you.

California used to attract businesses and industries. Besides the obvious movies and music, there were tech, automotive, defense, agriculture, and tourism. It used to have the top 5 public schools in the country and least expensive colleges. Your kids could get a good education without you going broke. Housing was more expensive and traffic has sucked since the 1950's, but there was great opportunity for the American dream.

What happened? California's downfall wasn't overnight by any means. You can blame the politicians for everything, but the unions didn't help anything either. Teachers union spends millions on ads every election cycle, the government workers unions pushed to get great deals for pensions. Right now, these are a lot of why the state is falling apart. The costs of union pension plans, with their healthcare benefits for life. Like everyone else's healthcare costs, the state, county and local government's healthcare costs are going up. Every year, they take more of their budgets. Stockton and San Diego have already filed bankruptcy because of it. San Francisco is probably next. Infrastructure projects are getting put aside more and more.

I just don't understand the politicians in charge now. Businesses are exiting the state and people are leaving to find jobs and less taxes, and cheaper cost of living. How can the politicians not see this and not do anything? Their only answer was to create more taxes, more fees, and higher permit costs. It hasn't worked, yet they keep doing the same thing. It seems their priorities are completely out of whack

I was in my crappy little apartment from 2001 to 2013, my rent went from $825 to $1250 month. LA County allowed landlords to raise rents 3% per year. Yet with all the costs of running a business, wages never really increased. I had to work harder and harder just to not end up living on the street.

So, I left and went back to the state I grew up in.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

But again, California the STATE is NOT falling apart. The government is strong, healthy and growing. California SOCIETY is not suffering as much as it is mutating. Referendum after referendum is passing. The lower classes are getting taken care of. The upper class leaving getting replaced with new upper class. Soon EVERYONE with a job-job like what is left of retail or service will be in subsidized housing and getting food assistance. It's happening all over. AND more and more people using Public Transportation. It's a weird new world. And yeah, as soon as I'm able, I'm outta here. Until then I'm amused. And when I leave it will be for a car and a patch of dirt to call my own. Not even "Manufactured Housing" on a rented lot (Trailer Park). My family does that in Fla. $400-$800 for DIRT. Insanity!

Comment

I was stationed in California several times. Loved it. But I was much younger & that was a long time ago. One of the biggest problems here with people that relocate from California is that they want to keep voting the same way as they did there.
                          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

One of my favorite California moments happened in Meg Whitman's run for Governor in 2010. In a debate she was asked what her present occupation was and how it qualified her to be Governor. They expected her to say she had just quit her job running E-Bay to run for the office. Instead she chirped, "I'm an INVESTOR. I have enough money to loan it to others to further their business goals as I did mine.". In other words she planned on never working again. She lost. She lost more money than ANYONE had EVER lost on a Governor's race. She got a job with Hewlett Packard. But that is the way more and more wealthy THINK. Enough money and the world OWES you a paycheck. Right now they think renting out living space rather than business space is the plan. Well see.....

Comment

I drove Meg Whitman during that race. She couldn't be bothered to say hello to me, or thank you when I dropped her arrogant ass off at her hotel. I guess she didn't think limo drivers were voters.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Yeah nobody I ever met who blew me off when I first did so exactly went on to greater things.

---------------

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07362.JPG Views:	1 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	1200160

I was so impressed w/ my parents' home state when we visited...gosh, all that open room so beautiful. Mom said don't be fooled, every square inch of land I saw out there was owned by someone...if I looked carefully I'd see all the barb wire fence stretching to infinity. In my twenties I was OK with living in a tiny room or industrial office or with whoever or even in the car a couple times, when I had the mountains, beach, or desert where I was free to go wherever I wished each an hour away. Not to mention the night life when it was time. Now I have all that plus my own space. I miss when the state was more industrial-oriented and do not like the politics (primarily the ones from San Francisco) plus the public employee unions have absolutely raped us, but that's not what I'm worried about day-to-day.

Edit: Not demeaning any one else's state at all, I've been to most of 'em. Just sticking up for my own.

(pics from last Sept, travelling around NE portion of state. Usually we camp at the beach but Gail wanted lakes/pine trees this time)
                                Last edited by Loren; May 8, 2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X