Unsanctioned Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsanctioned Testing

Unsanctioned Testing. That's one of my favorite Braub terms, and he's got a lot of them.

This story will take too long. But, we got the CAI for Bluebelle and it had to have a tune to got with it. So I ordered two tunes. First one, street setup, 87 octane, stock shift, turn the speed limiter off. That's the one we're riding on, though we've been feeding her 93 octane because I'm anxious to try out the race setup in the right setting. The Shift Hard function can't be good at all for the transmission.

The race setup, 93 octane, Shift HARD, turn the speed limiter off. I ordered them both at the same time, haven't tried the race setup yet.

We were driving along minding our own business on an Ohio road today, and the world opened up in front of us. The both of us in the car, about a hundred pounds of luggage and a heavy cooler in the trunk. 4-lane, nobody on it, could see for nearly two miles. Romp it, let's test this speed limiter thing out.

The factory speed limiter was set at 111.8 mph, I proved that over and over at the Ohio Mile. Romp it and see, and we did. I saw 113 and Unit swears she saw 115 on the GPS before we started running out of road. Brakes, slight curve coming up with a car or two coming the other direction off in the distance. I was thrilled, the speed limiter is indeed turned off.

We got to the motel and I started dragging through all the button clicks on the GPS. It shows top speed 111.8. How can that be a coincidence? That's too precise of a number....

The trip to the Arkansas Challenge in June may be a bust for us, speed wise, there are too many computers involved.
    Last edited by pdub; May 2, 2018, 04:52 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Gotta find your own version of County Trunk D.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	d.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1199397
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Got it:
      1- https://www.google.com/maps/dir/42.0...m3!1i0!2i0!3i2
      2- https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Case...3!2d41.8738059

Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

How can any testing be 'sanctioned'? Perhaps the difference is on public highways......we're all guilty of that, I imagine. Bluebelle needs a blower.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Nah, BlueBelle is a RockStar. She needs to snort some nitrous.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            Nah, BlueBelle is a RockStar. She needs to snort some nitrous.
            We harangued Pdub about a blower until he finally put one on Red............this is the start of Round 2...........
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

He likes re-tuning, make a BIG change.

Put BlueBelle on the bottle!
              Last edited by RockJustRock; May 2, 2018, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Take bluebell to the dyno. then you can see if speed limiter is off and if tune is working
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  Take bluebell to the dyno. then you can see if speed limiter is off and if tune is working
                  And it's cheaper than the ticket.

Dan

Comment

10-4!!!
                    Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Greetings from south Pittsburgh. I've Lived 60 years and we'd driven for 2 and a half days, and we finally made it. Not sure which town we were in, but we were there. We made it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010206.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1199662
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Love it! BTW, there's also an Easy Street in Ann Arbor, MI though we did NOT live on it.

Dan
                          Last edited by DanStokes; May 5, 2018, 05:14 AM.

Comment

In Long Beach we have an Easy Avenue. Our Streets all use numbers except for a couple.

Comment

Working...
                            X