The "Which Car Is It" Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Which Car Is It" Syndrome

Here's the news - we Wees bailed out of the Cars and Cones Tour after three days. That's a heap of fun. But we were close to home, we'd had enough. We got our jollies running cones yesterday in Knoxville. Two more days or go home from here. We've decided we Wees don't fit into the long structured road trip thing. It was fun, but the next two days would take us farther from home, we'd have to pay that back to get back home. The home magnet sucked us in.

At RideTech in Jasper Indiana, the starting point, we parked Red in amongst the other cars. A little while ago Sue Unit was watching the "TV" coverage of that from the FB link. We saw them doing live stuff in the parking lot. They showed the car to the right of us, the GTO, and then they panned past Red and showed and talked about the car on the other side of us. We don't even have a "car."

But I can assure everyone of one thing - that car, that "everybody has one and they're all cookie cutter boring" car....we've had more fun with and in that car than the law should allow. And though it doesn't deserve any attention, it's mighty integral to us. Plus we suck in the motel parking lot with all the real hot rods. It's no wonder people don't want to talk to us.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Originally posted by pdub View Post
    Here's the news - we Wees bailed out of the Cars and Cones Tour after three days. That's a heap of fun. But we were close to home, we'd had enough. We got our jollies running cones yesterday in Knoxville. Two more days or go home from here. We've decided we Wees don't fit into the long structured road trip thing. It was fun, but the next two days would take us farther from home, we'd have to pay that back to get back home. The home magnet sucked us in.

At RideTech in Jasper Indiana, the starting point, we parked Red in amongst the other cars. A little while ago Sue Unit was watching the "TV" coverage of that from the FB link. We saw them doing live stuff in the parking lot. They showed the car to the right of us, the GTO, and then they panned past Red and showed and talked about the car on the other side of us. We don't even have a "car."

But I can assure everyone of one thing - that car, that "everybody has one and they're all cookie cutter boring" car....we've had more fun with and in that car than the law should allow. And though it doesn't deserve any attention, it's mighty integral to us. Plus we suck in the motel parking lot with all the real hot rods. It's no wonder people don't want to talk to us.
    Horse Hockey! Red is cool and runs accordingly. I don't care if anyone talk's about my car, I build them for me. You've done well my friend.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I suspect if I ever tried cones I'd make smoke and get kicked out.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

Horse Hockey! Red is cool and runs accordingly. I don't care if anyone talk's about my car, I build them for me. You've done well my friend.
        You know we love you Perry. But we know where we stand in the cascading role of things. It's obvious, entirely too obvious in the rink. And I don't have the skill to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          I suspect if I ever tried cones I'd make smoke and get kicked out.
          Try it one time. In a parking lot. It's going on everywhere, look it up. Most times, the Miatas win.

Comment

Peewee you down play yours AND Sue's achievement way to much. If we all used the magazine's or whatever they think the trend is at the time to rate our achievements with our Hot Rods we would all be hanging our heads and kicking rock's. Any true Hot rodder that looked under your hood would be impressed. Heck I am!! Your Hot Rod is running mines still not ready, not to mention road courses, DAYTONA, gee whiz nothing but cool!
            Last edited by corvettedad; April 26, 2018, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I caught a Chad, Goodguy live streamed autocross a while back. Liked the fact you can really SEE when a car is on a GOOD one. Liked the fact you can see the whole course. Liked the fact it had one or more FAST sections. BUT overall it goes back to me sitting at the hairpin at the Grand Prix and thinking the FAST guys look like they aren't going fast and the slow guys do. Plus my favorite spot was the braking zone on the fastest part. The hairpin separated the cars so well that there was no passing under acceleration. So it SOUNDED like a Drag Race with no racing going on. I need to see winners winning and losers getting beat up on. Not into how close a race can be. Back to my Drift beauty contest, the winners look great the losers look like losers, but try harder next run.

Comment

Peewee you down play yours AND Sue's achievement way to much. If we all used the magazine's or whatever they think the trend is at the time to rate our achievements with our Hot Rods we would all be hanging our heads and kicking rock's. Any true Hot rodder that looked under your hood would be impressed. Heck I am!! Your Hot Rod is running mines still not ready, not to mention road courses, DAYTONA, gee whiz nothing but cool!
                Thanks so much Perry. But I know where we stand. WAAAAAYYYYY down the can-do list. Entry level at best.

Comment

We were sitting there last night in the giant car shop. the drivers' meeting. The folks to the left of us, they were talking with each other, "You've got a chance to win an award at GoodGuys." The car show in Raleigh. No, we're going home, and we did.
                  Last edited by pdub; April 26, 2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

I have to agree with Perry... Red is a wonderful expression of individuality...You guys have done wonders and the reason that the media pass him by is because he's not a cartoon billboard... I wouldn't have it any other way! He's for your enjoyment,and, far from entry level....Anyone can be loud, obnoxious, and flashy....About the only thing I would do with red at this point is whatever subtle body mods you might like.... Repeat...subtle.... now stop selling yourself and Sue short.... You're short enough... don't sell yourself any shorter.... you are a LSR racer... how many 60 year olds can say that???

As to what I refer to as subtle... How iconic was the original Bullit Mustang?
                    Last edited by silver_bullet; April 26, 2018, 06:47 PM.
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                      how many 60 year olds can say that???
                      Quite a few. I'm not selling myself short. Just saying, well, we're just not cut out for Power Tour or even Cars & Cones. We like doing our own thing, and not n a schedule.

Schedules suck. Officially. That comes after 41 years of being on a schedule. We don't have to do that any more.

Comment

I think the hobby needs more one week events, but one day on, one day to move. This Tough Man, Tough Car stuff must get old.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Quite a few. I'm not selling myself short. Just saying, well, we're just not cut out for Power Tour or even Cars & Cones. We like doing our own thing, and not n a schedule.

Schedules suck. Officially. That comes after 41 years of being on a schedule. We don't have to do that any more.
                          That's it! So do trends or whatever they say should be a Hot Rod today. Also that's what we do on HRPT, we do our on thing and not necessarily the " scheduled " things. Oh and I've never done LSR so does that mean my car isn't cool? Why heck no, I don't think so anyway but enough of this hogwash we're all cool and we have cool Hot Rods. I'm ready to smoke some tires and check out Weeville!

Comment

I'm ready to smoke some tires and check out Weeville!
                            BRING IT my friend, or we'll come to you.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                              I think the hobby needs more one week events, but one day on, one day to move. This Tough Man, Tough Car stuff must get old.
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X