McT HATES Grenadas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Everyone has a right to their personal tastes.... I have issues with all of the badging, and someone needs to hire an interior designer! .... really, Pick one color and go with it... black works well, maybe even burgundy, but Tan???? The wheels are dated and need replaced..and he needs to find the right buyer...especially at that price!!.
    Yeah, keeping the stock dash color is a bit jarring (especially since all of the other stock brownish hues seem to be gone). The Chrysler 300 seat mod and adapting in the aftermarket Gen 1 Mustang console weren't bad ideas, though. A day or two with some upholstery dye would be a good time investment. Easy fix.

Comment

Those inconsistencies tend to develop in long possession project cars. Deals come up. Boredom with the phase it is in. Usually culminates in the big push to tie it all up with a bow on it. In that car's case it was the repaint. I'm having more fun bringing more McT-mobiles than dwelling on that car. Anyone else? I see the Pro Street Chrysler 300 is STILL up for offers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-30...ha3EIr&vxp=mtr

Click image for larger version  Name:	786060_0c50e5c568.jpg Views:	1 Size:	574.1 KB ID:	1198360

E-Bay is at a low ebb for cast off Pro Street Cars.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks...+street&_sop=2

For me, this looks like the pick. Goofy body kit and un-raceable safety equipment aside it is FINISHED and TIGHT. And tasteful 'cept the fenders. AND a part it out PRICE. But yeah, $5K more gets ya THE Moby Dick.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Chevro...Na3Tfa&vxp=mtr

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	504.9 KB ID:	1198361
      Last edited by RockJustRock; April 26, 2018, 12:12 PM.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Believe me, if I could make a move on that Three Hundred, I would have. That's a former Drag Week machine that's proven itself.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

You'd need to crank down those torsion bars (assuming it's still got Ma Mopar's factory front) and do something about that air dam . . . . .

A more "Mopar" hood scoop also wouldn't hurt, either. That price isn't bad, though.

I hate the thought of riding 1,000+ miles in those race seats . . . .

Comment

McT covered most of that in the blog post although I feel he likes his cranked T-Bars and air shocks. For me I love that look on an early 70s body with tall slicks or street rubber with tall sidewall to look like slicks. Malaise, not so much. I can SEE the Mustang II as dune buggy look, just not FEEL it. The incongruity of a '69 or even '73 'Stang like dat works. Picture this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mump_0811_02_z+super_boss_mustang+front_view.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1198560

Even though that car didn't have a class to race in, it had/has CLASS.

And this could use a taller rear tire but it WORKS.

Click image for larger version  Name:	10441440-1973-ford-mustang-thumb-c.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	1198559

Any excuse to post pretty car for a reason, I'm here..But not JUST the pretty car, gotta have the theme nee reason.
            Last edited by RockJustRock; April 27, 2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

That's the difference in generation, Rock...I first started noticing cars in the late 1980s, when Malaise or not, it sported the look. Mid 1970s Camaros, LTD II Sports, and all manner of Mopars had the face-down, ass-up look going on and while I wouldn't go full shackles and air shocks, I do appreciate a mild rear hike (about 3/4 of an inch most usually).
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

'70

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	1198593

Comment

'74

Click image for larger version  Name:	BillGrumpyJenkins1975Dragster.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.8 KB ID:	1198595

But actually the GM F bodies in general NEED that lift. What happened is that they would come out of Styling level or nose down then Engineering would say "needs more travel in front" and it would be "Beg, c'mon beg, Rover".
                  Last edited by RockJustRock; April 27, 2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Granada, NO. LTD II Si'. OOOOOOKAY, perfectly logical!

Name:	1-1978-Ford-LTD-II-S.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1198597

Comment

I still believe '70-73 Camaros with rear shackles, ten-inch Cragars, and N-50-15s sticking out of the rear fenders is a good thing.

Comment

From the photo, Da Grump agreed.
                        Last edited by RockJustRock; April 28, 2018, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                          I still believe '70-73 Camaros with rear shackles, ten-inch Cragars, and N-50-15s sticking out of the rear fenders is a good thing.
                          I'm wild guessing that one of these days Hollywood will do another street racing/teen nostalgia film set in the '70s, which could bring this look back into popularity. And no, "Dazed and Confused" (1993) was not the last word on the subject . . . .

The price of music rights is one of the big limits -- which may be one of the reasons these sorts of things typically run on 20-25 year cycles in the movie business (and the advertising business) . . . they've got to wait for the music licence costs to cool off.

I could be completely wrong . . . the I-Phone/Tide Pod eating generation's partial rejection of personal motoring may have killed off the "car film" except for over-the-top stuff like "Baby Driver" (2017) and the near-superhero "Furious" franchise.

Comment

A further word on music rights for films . . . Twenty years ago, John Landis, in a commentary for "The Blues Brothers" (1980). mentioned that oldies he used to license for $3,000-$5000 to use in his films were then up to $60,000 . . . I doubt the prices have gone down any since 1998 . . . .

Building a fleet of '70s movie prop cars isn't very cheap anymore either . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                              Granada, NO. LTD II Si'. OOOOOOKAY, perfectly logical!

Name:	1-1978-Ford-LTD-II-S.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1198597
                              I would eat a kitten (preferably Kung Pao style) for a LTD II Sport. Grew up in one. Have not seen one in 20+ years. Last one I saw was for sale locally, blue with white stripes & bucket seats with center console. Owner was asking $4500 and it seemed a bit much considering the other car I was looking at was minty 68 Torino fastback with a 302/4 spd Red on black for $5,000.

Hijack over, now back to your regularly scheduled banter.....
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Do you have the 'stashe' for it, Joe?
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X