My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

Wheelbase: 90"
      Height (unloaded): 77"
      Width: 75.8"
      Length: 167.4"
      Curb weight: 2755 lbs.
      If you hold the edge of an envelope to that picture and make a mark at the top of the driver's head to where his hip pivots would be, then add to his knee, then add to the bottom of his feet, then hold up the total and compare to the wheelbase of the van, that wheelbase is about 1 2/3rds the height of the guy. Divide 90" by 1.6666, you get 54". That driver is four and one-half feet tall.

You're welcome.
      Last edited by Loren; May 4, 2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post

If you hold the edge of an envelope to that picture and make a mark at the top of the driver's head to where his hip pivots would be, then add to his knee, then add to the bottom of his feet, then hold up the total and compare to the wheelbase of the van, that wheelbase is about 1 2/3rds the height of the guy. Divide 90" by 1.6666, you get 54". That driver is four and one-half feet tall.

You're welcome.
        I'm guessing that you had a bit of time on your hands?
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Only took a minute to reveal the 50-year mystery of why Econoline Vans never seemed quite as big as they did in the ads. Less time than going back and correcting my spelling.

Plus, comes out of the "Pointless Research" budget.
          Last edited by Loren; May 4, 2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
            Only took a minute to reveal the 50-year mystery of why Econoline Vans never seemed quite as big as they did in the ads. Less time than going back and correcting my spelling.

Plus, comes out of the "Pointless Research" budget.
            your dedication to the truth will make you ill-fitted to be a journalist (except for your wife, she rocks). :D
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I think just one news story about ANY kind of collision in one sealed the fate more than the masochistic pleasure of traveling in one NOT hitting anything. When I was a pump jockey a hippie's (fellow hippie?) g/f flashed me in one. Might have been an accident, micht not have. All I know is he said "Honey, got a dollar in your purse?". and the girls were out and on display under glass from her leather vest.

Comment

This is weird enough for McT. He needs it if only for parts. Motor prolly good for $6500.

Gotta love ANYTHING with ELDERBROCK parts. So much better than younger Brock!
                Last edited by RockJustRock; May 8, 2018, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X