No announcement yet.

Landmarks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there's any JUSTICE in the future THESE will be LANDMARKS. 69 cent Cheeseburgers all day AGAIN today! MONUMENTAL!

Click image for larger version

Name:	8dd8f44bb490bbacdc0be0635ed336336316160526104017.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1198220
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Alpine Valley lives on, even if Stevie Ray Vaughan didn't.

Name:	20111030-025435-752833.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1198228

AND it is on County Trunk D, but a different one in a different County.

Comment

SRV . . . one of the greats. His original guitar (but not the one most of us associate with him) sold a auction last week for $250,000. That's a different kind of "landmark."
        SRV's first professional-grade guitar was used in his earliest recordings and throughout his young career.

Comment

Tillamook air museum - the blimp hanger doesn't look large until you get up to it.... then it's astounding. While you're there, there's a cheese place that has good cheese.

what kills me is no one ever talks about the Air Museum near Pomona

it's like a hot rod garage for planes, complete with a wrecking yard and people building/restoring/resto-modding planes.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

of course, closer to me

LeMay auto museum
            Visit LeMay - America's Car Museum in Tacoma, Washington where we Celebrate America's love affair with the automobile.

Museum of flight (Boeing owned)
            The Museum of Flight holds one of the largest air and space collections in the US and aims to become the foremost educational air and space museum in the world!

Flying Heritage Museum (Boeing 2)
            Experience a one-of-a-kind collection of military aircraft, vehicles, and artifacts used in various wars of the 20th century. The collection has been restored with unparalleled authenticity to share with the public. Many of the aircraft and vehicles are maintained in such good condition they’re still capable of flying and driving!

Of course, we have water jets too - Museum of Hydroplane racing

The Hydroplane & Raceboat Museum is the nation's only public museum dedicated solely to powerboat racing.

they're cool because it's a working shop as well

no, I didn't mention the Evergreen Museum (Spruce Goose is there) because it really didn't impress me

Comment

Only one SRV guitar. The one that says SRV on it.

Name:	STVrksub.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1198339

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                of course, closer to me

LeMay auto museum
                Visit LeMay - America's Car Museum in Tacoma, Washington where we Celebrate America's love affair with the automobile.

Museum of flight (Boeing owned)
                The Museum of Flight holds one of the largest air and space collections in the US and aims to become the foremost educational air and space museum in the world!

Flying Heritage Museum (Boeing 2)
                Experience a one-of-a-kind collection of military aircraft, vehicles, and artifacts used in various wars of the 20th century. The collection has been restored with unparalleled authenticity to share with the public. Many of the aircraft and vehicles are maintained in such good condition they’re still capable of flying and driving!

Of course, we have water jets too - Museum of Hydroplane racing

The Hydroplane & Raceboat Museum is the nation's only public museum dedicated solely to powerboat racing.

they're cool because it's a working shop as well

no, I didn't mention the Evergreen Museum (Spruce Goose is there) because it really didn't impress me
                Kinda bugged me when we gave you the goose. But we are keeping the boat and the Goose Dome is a better landmark in it's re-purpose as a monie set.

Name:	QM.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	386.2 KB
ID:	1198341

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  of course, closer to me

LeMay auto museum

Don't forget http://www.lemaymarymount.org/ . . . the old LeMay museum which is now the LeMay family collection. I've been an annual member of both for several years and I've got to say I still prefer the original to the corporate "Tacoma Dome" model . . . . Besides, the LeMay family kept the '48 Tucker and still displays the Shell Opel fuel economy record car . . .http://www.376mpg.com/
                  Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; April 26, 2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Ooopps, snuck in the Hot Rod Bus Boat.

Name:	photo-courtesy-kvichak-marine-industries-4372.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1198347

They've since been wrapped to match the busses. Due to "creative" property investments LB is the richest city in SoCal and rubs it in from time to time.

Name:	cng.png
Views:	35
Size:	451.9 KB
ID:	1198348

Comment

New Court House. I live in Orbit City from the Jetsons.

Name:	Long-Beach-Courthouse_Main-Image_1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	1198350

Comment

City Hall. Scheduled for DEMOLITION. AFTER being used as a location in a Star Trek Movie. Coulda Woulda Shoulda been a Landmark.

Click image for larger version  Name:	city-hall-0080-420x500.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	1198352

Annnnnd The Library. Doomed Design. A good read about it.....

Name:	1_kwzgJQ1WW7RIZhtS0zt6bQ.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	632.3 KB
ID:	1198354
                        Last edited by RockJustRock; April 26, 2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                          New Court House. I live in Orbit City from the Jetsons.

Name:	Long-Beach-Courthouse_Main-Image_1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	1198350
                          That looks like Seattle City Hall

Comment

Needs that HUGE atrium with like 16 escalators. How can ALL THAT glass withstand quakes? "EARTHQUAKE! Get AWAY from the windows! WHERE?"
                            Last edited by RockJustRock; April 26, 2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                              Needs that HUGE atrium with like 16 escalators.
                              this might inform on my mood today, but I full support the notion that you encase bureaucrats in a glass box.

Comment

Lawyers..... We're talking Courthouse, remember?
                                Anyway, this time WE are going HUGE because paid for with that creatively obtained public land of which I spoke. Look at THESE as wampum for acres..... They are betting BIG on the Port Commission because they are bunking up with them in these.

Name:	longbeachcc_cityhall_porthq_1575x900_som_nephewla_01jpg.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	329.3 KB
ID:	1198391

Comment

Working...
                                X