No announcement yet.

What would YOU like to see on RoadKill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would YOU like to see on RoadKill?

O.K., so I don't watch rusty junk on TV. Drove enough of it back THEN. Had enough of it. I guess I need to suggest an alternative.... How about a show about magazine cover cars and where are they now? I mean one car per Roadkill episode. SOME might just EVEN be junk and rusty to please the viewer base. ANNNND if F&F can't FIND the car why not build a tribute? My FIRST pick would be THIS one. JUST because it made the cover WITHOUT the owner knowing until he strolled into the 7-11 and SAW the magazine. Wrote a letter to the editor and was he PISSED!. Now WHAT could be MORE Roadkill than THAT?

Click image for larger version  Name:	FF.jpg Views:	1 Size:	226.0 KB ID:	1197221

Well...... THIS:
    Jack Chrisman's WILD Rear Engine Mustang was snapped up by an LA area funny car racer's NEPHEW who proceed to terrify staging lanes and starting line employees ALL over So Cal with it. Guy's name was John Force, you MIGHT have heard of him. They've survived the Vee Drive so far, go for the chain.

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	833.9 KB ID:	1197222
    Last edited by RockJustRock; April 15, 2018, 04:26 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

yeah, I wouldn't want anyone to know I owned a Falcon (if I ever did, which I swear on a stack of Freigburgers I didn't)...
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 15, 2018, 04:20 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I want to see something I wouldn't think of doing.

which is mostly what they do now.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Considering it further.... The Falcon Tribute wouldn't be straight up because they would be REQUIRED to make ALL 10 mistakes and more. Too much Carb and Cam. Race Oil on the street (well, in the pan). No Bumper on at least one end. Funky Glasspacks. Straight axle, ladder bars and air shocks. Non-D.O.T. wheels and tires. Extreme gauges and gears. Wait? Doesn't Blasphemi have ALL that?
        Last edited by RockJustRock; April 15, 2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Blasphemi is a race car...CJ was talking about street cars, dressed up to look like race cars, wasn't he?

My fabulous web page

Comment

I think I would like to see them road tripping the junk they already have and improving them or doing an event with them . Like their drag events run the 55 chevy or draguar . autocross the 240-280 Z stuff like that . Power tour something that isn't new and suppied by Dodge (I'm not saying they did this but just saying no new car ). the occasional bring a car back from a deep slumber is o,k, and for crying out loud do not take a useful truck and make it totally useless like stubby bob .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Doesn't Finnigan street drive Blasphemi?

Oh, gawd, not the what is a street car riff!

Last edited by RockJustRock; April 15, 2018, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Yeah, but so do the guys on Drag Week. Many race cars are streetable.........and many street cars are raceable.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  I think I would like to see them road tripping the junk they already have and improving them or doing an event with them . Like their drag events run the 55 chevy or draguar . autocross the 240-280 Z stuff like that . Power tour something that isn't new and suppied by Dodge (I'm not saying they did this but just saying no new car ). the occasional bring a car back from a deep slumber is o,k, and for crying out loud do not take a useful truck and make it totally useless like stubby bob .
                  Heavens NO! Wash and PAINT them?

10 years of sweating whether my malaise era stuff was nice enough for the strip or show and THIS is at SEMA!
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	2jLBnMo.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.17 MB ID:	1197246
                  Last edited by RockJustRock; April 15, 2018, 06:18 PM.

Comment

my truck was nice enough for the strip when I was 18...and it was covered in brushed on house paint. It had a big block in it, so appearances didn't matter. For about a year, then I started on the bodywork!

My fabulous web page

Comment

Of all the Road Kill episodes I've watched, I'm left with one thing. That is, these guys have the funnest job in the world. If it's putting a blower on a Jaguar, or road tripping something that was painted with a dead chicken. I'm not sure what they ... WHO they are trying to appeal to. I can't quite get my head around it, but they are for sure having fun. And if they blow up, they've got a ride home, with all of those cameras around them. Just sayin.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I love this series. I'd like to see more of it!
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

So far I'm not griping, they've managed to do something in every episode I'd not dream of doing.
                          I can't understand why they do what they do in such self imposed conditions, like engine swaps in parking lots with snow or trips to Alaska....in snow.
                          The last episode of Roadkill Garage was educational for me...carb tuning the truck using an Air/Fuel gauge.

Comment

As someone who's participated in Drag Week and LeMons Rallys and stuff, I totally get whey they do things in harsh self imposed conditions.

It lets you know you're alive.

My fabulous web page

Comment

either that or you're a masochist
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X