I Want to Write My Memoirs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want to Write My Memoirs

Waking up from birth and absorbing my surroundings in South Carolina in the early 1960's...... The political assassinations on TV. My relationship with my parents, Daddy was the anchor, but he was hardly ever there, he was swinging shifts in the paper mill where I would end up working too. Mama had OCD on a different level than everybody else has ever had. She would spend hours ironing underwear. Whenever I F-ed up Mama would just say, go to your room and wait till your Daddy comes home. So I would, and just hope Daddy got killed coming home from work so he woudn't come home and tell me he was disappointed in me. These days, that would be Dr. Phil stuff.

The street racing when I was finally old enough to drive. Golly bum what we used to get away with, and sometimes the cops would park beside the street and watch. That was "back then."

Two failed marriages that were both my fault. I had one I couldn't stand and one couldn't stand me. It goes on and on and on. For a while when I was a young kid I kept a diary until it amounted to a big pile of pages. I finally got paranoid and threw it away, that's only something somebody else can read someday.

I don't think my story is in any way different from anybody else's. Because everybody's story is different. The issue with telling it all, the way I remember it, is the fact that not everybody in it is dead. That's a big issue. That would at least piss a few people off, make them mad because they were never the people they thought they were. At least as I remember it.

EDIT: The VW Bug I had, I'd love to know how fast that VW Bug was. It had 150 HP estimated, it would pull the front wheels off of the ground. I'd love to line that Bug up against Red. That Bug might even beat Red out of the hole, for a few hundred feet, but it would be all over after that. But back then, we were running between stoplights and they were not very far apart at all.
    Last edited by pdub; April 14, 2018, 01:30 AM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Thought line update: This is doable. I can disguise it as a novel and use a fake author name. And for sure change eveybody's name in it. And put a real artsy lead-in to it on the first page - "This was a very vivid dream I had one night, and I have extended it into this totally imaginary story. I hope you enjoy the story." Signed, Frigmond Sigroy

Comment

Get some one else to pen your story......
      you're too biased...

Comment

Pdub...continue living life.... don't muck it up with words....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

We need to write Pdub's story. I'll start, there once was a guy who only loved beer and stringed instruments.....
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            We need to write Pdub's story. I'll start, there once was a guy who only loved beer and stringed instruments.....
            and kept coming up with ways he could circumvent.... ( ok, YOU try rhyming "instruments" with something....)

Comment

The End
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Comment

You guys are being entirely too kind. And I even left out the part about.....well, never mind. I'll have another great idea tomorrow, I'm sure of it.

Comment

My Dad wrote his memoirs. He stopped at the point he met my Mom. I guess he wasn't up for a collaboration.
                    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                      You guys are being entirely too kind. And I even left out the part about.....well, never mind. I'll have another great idea tomorrow, I'm sure of it.
                      I'm absolutely sure of that....
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

I'm absolutely sure of that....
                        There was a BangShifter, I won't say who, he came up to me at the Gearhead Diner in Fancy Gap when we were all there. He shook my hand and only said, "Where do you come UP with all of that shit?" And basically walked away, shaking his head.

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

and kept coming up with ways he could circumvent.... ( ok, YOU try rhyming "instruments" with something....)
                          then there was the ADVENT of the MOOstang.

Corvettes, FJ40s, Chevy trucks, limericks, rhyming, and perfectly round shaped... yes, I am the total package. (humble too).
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 14, 2018, 05:58 PM.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

There was a BangShifter, I won't say who, he came up to me at the Gearhead Diner in Fancy Gap when we were all there. He shook my hand and only said, "Where do you come UP with all of that shit?" And basically walked away, shaking his head.
                            Well make sure to put that in the book because that is what would sell it. Everyone would buy it just to find out who it was that beat them to it! Better than a game of Clue. Personally I'm going with Col. Mustard.
                            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post

Well make sure to put that in the book because that is what would sell it. Everyone would buy it just to find out who it was that beat them to it! Better than a game of Clue. Personally I'm going with Col. Mustard.
                              Yeah, in the library with the candlestick. Right. For the win. Yep.

Comment

Working...
                              X