Motor Trend/Roadkill Leaves YouTube, Mighty Car Mods Share Their Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

"the powerhouse that it is" my goodness for someone who does wordsmithing, you sure do have a gift for missing the important bits.

With that said, it's probably the only other forum that you can safely mention on the Bullet and get a hat doff rather than a fist o'cuff
    "Powerhouse" Hee, Hee, Hee . . . At least it's still free!

"The Bullet" . . . Swim in the sewer much? None for me, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      I thought Roadkill is "having fun with cars".
      More like having fun with a big expense account.. . . .

"Roadkill" is a fantasy show . . almost a blue collar "Top Gear" [RIP] without the quality writing, epic camera work, and weird "furrin'" cars. I dunno about Bruab and Chadmouth and their accountants, but most of us regular guys can't afford a quarter of the crazy stuff they tear up or hack up on "Roadkill." But hey, it's what a lot of viewers seem to want and they can sell advertising to sponsor it . . . . There's an ocean of worse stuff on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        Rumor has it Brian WAXES his stuff.
        Does mama Bruab know about that ?. . . . Wax on, Wax . . . Never mind (must be the reference to YB that's draggin' me down . . . . )

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

"The Bullet" . . . Swim in the sewer much? None for me, thanks.
          Sure, but at least I'm not so low as to pay for MTOD.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Does mama Bruab know about that ?. . . . Wax on, Wax . . . Never mind (must be the reference to YB that's draggin' me down . . . . )
            YB is a great place to lurk, but not live there. You did not enjoy your visit?
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Sure, but at least I'm not so low as to pay for MTOD.

I'll concede that MTOD can't really compete with the free psychotic and sociopathic eruptions in TOBT (or some of the more "adult" elements in the unmoderated boards.if you're into that sort of thing .. . . . ). If real life was as "un-mint" as YB, I'd retreat to a bunker . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

You did not enjoy your visit?
                YB just makes me want to tell everybody I see to "hit the newbie threat, @$$#@!. . . ." That's no way to live, IMHO.

Comment

Phu**stick, it's a term of endearment. And a test. If you get offended you are prey. Trash Or Be Trashed.

Comment

I'll concede that MTOD can't really compete with the free psychotic and sociopathic eruptions in TOBT (or some of the more "adult" elements in the unmoderated boards.if you're into that sort of thing .. . . . ). If real life was as "un-mint" as YB, I'd retreat to a bunker . . . .
                    It's like going to the zoo and standing just outside of the range of the monkeys, especially if you can sucker someone's spawn into moving into range.

Comment

Oh hell....He climbed right IN the cage. And just like before the thread becomes ABOUT the poster. Some things never change.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post

Richard Rawlings.........the guy everyone loves to hate
                        "Let her rip tater chip . . . uh oh!"

Squaring off against Leah Pritchett, "Gas Money" host — and experienced racer — Richard Rawlings put on a tire-burning display out of the box.

Comment

I have two comments about this:
                          1) I had such a hassle on YB with the password situation I jettisoned it. Too bad, it was pretty entertaining.
                          2) I sprung for the Motor Trend subscription. Cheap, and a lot of stuff all in one place.
                          Does this make me an outcast?
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

There was not enough stuff on MOTD that interested me to even consider it. At this point, I've even letting my magazine subscriptions lapse - oh do watch out, though, the subscription company associated with TEN is re-checking the 'automatically renew' box then charging you $60 for 3 years of new subscription... if you do subscribe, be sure to use a card that expires before it renews.... then you get nasty-grams from them about "not paying for your new subscription".... at $60... and if you mention "but I can subscribe for far less via offers" I would say "yes, yes you can"....

Comment

"Let her rip tater chip . . . uh oh!"
                              SBG, no comment on Richard "crash monkey" Rawlings or Dodge or Roadkill Nights or sell-outs?

Comment

Taking away the oxygen.

Comment

Working...
                                X