Lug Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lug Nuts

Switching from wheels with fullsized covers to open wheels with center caps so time for some stainless acorns.

Any suggestions on where get some and any to avoid? 1/2-20 threads.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Might try Speedway - seems like they had them. Or maybe they just had the 1" hex ones that I needed......

Dan

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Go to your local Discount Tire and see if they have any Gorilla Nuts that will work, or go to the Gorilla Nut website. They put Gorilla Nuts on my pickup because the nuts that came with my Centerline wheels were too large a diameter to clear the center caps. Gorilla Nuts are closed end chrome nuts but they look real good, mine haven't rusted in 8 years and it they require a special Gorilla Nut socket.
        Last edited by dieselhead; March 19, 2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselhead View Post
          Go to your local Discount Tire and see if they have any Gorilla Nuts that will work, or go to the Gorilla Nut website. They put Gorilla Nuts on my pickup because the nuts that came with my Centerline wheels were too large a diameter to clear the center caps. Gorilla Nuts are closed end chrome nuts but they look real good, mine haven't rusted in 8 years and it they require a special Gorilla Nut socket.
          Those might work well. Just keep in mind that IF you race SCTA, ECTA (probably not likely) or NHRA (and maybe others) they want open lug nuts so that they can see that your lugs are long enough. But for street use they should do the job.

Dan

Comment

Checked out Discount Tire (America's Tire here), $45 for a set so going to pickup a set next week when payday rolls around again. Thanks guys!
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
            X