Synchronicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synchronicity

This afternoon I took a nap, old guy that I am. The house has been in turmoil, squabbling among the housemates, manager messing up, visit from the owner (who is fueding with the Director) overdue, a morning spent detailing this domicile. I put on my I-Tunes softly playing only the hardest rock music through my Bluetooth speaker next to my head. Fell into the kind of sleep where you wake, don't move a single muscle then doze again. I could hear my music whether awake or not so it was ambiguous which was which. Was there like two or more hours, blissful. My cell rang, no WAY was I going to answer. Got up, put food on the stove before doing ANYTHING, even checking FaceBook. Phone call was from a number starting with an 8, good decision on my part I thought. Little did I know some of my family members have phones from Knoxville even though they've been retired in Fla. for years, 865 area code. When I got back to my trusty laptop(S) and Facebook, notifications upon notifications, "Call your Mother NOW!". Pick up the phone, voicemail, ditto. She turns 101 in May so I'm terrified. If I'm still to call her, must be sick(er), injured or otherwise in pain. Called, no answer...... Dialed back the 865 number knowing now it was my sister in law. "Your oldest brother passed away in his sleep last night while listening to gospel music". My roommate interrupts me, "There's still food on the stove". It had been a few minutes in a sort of shock. Started eating but morbid curiosity swept over me to check his Twitter feed. Retweets, last comment was how he loved our President, but the NEXT to last quote was a Bible verse with no reason why or context. Clip it and post to our Facebook using family and here I am. NO thoughts of fast cars, just need to document the moment. Strange feelings not sorrow because sadly I couldn't call my brother my friend. Please spare me any condolences, I just need to broadcast what is happening. Somewhere. This place is as good as any, maybe better even.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Dunno how I'd feel about my brother going..
    We do not get along..

Comment

My point. And while my family was discovering it I was sleeping like the..... oh nevermind.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Life marches on..
        Were you supposed to sit by the phone, wringing your hands?
        You do have a life, you know..

Comment

my brother I have known my whole life is quite opposite.
          one year younger.

we have helped him so many times as he sinks into his own self made holes, it is part of what vehicle I buy next.

I'd miss him anyway.
          My real weirdness is knowing I had an older brother my whole life and never met him...
          same parents.

it turned out to be a true story.
          I'd miss him too, even if I never met him.

I was reading a story on triplets.. identical.
          all three of them had different tastes for food, men they dated, weather they wanted to live in...
          the result was no matter how much siblings are different or the same, there is a peculiar bond that never goes away. Love or hate..
          it never goes away.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Your wishes will be respected here....take care ...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Rock on, Rock.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Life has strange twist and turns, I take them day by day. This is a good place to vent among friends.
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                X