How Fast is Fast ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post

LOL the only way to roll! PW, I always look forward to meeting gearheads too!
    Okay, PM sent. If you don't call me when y'all are close to here,. I'll hunt you down like a lost dog, and I'll be able to catch you too, because Red is fast. Even if he's NOT a Chevrolet.

Just sayin.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Okay, PM sent. If you don't call me when y'all are close to here,. I'll hunt you down like a lost dog, and I'll be able to catch you too, because Red is fast. Even if he's NOT a Chevrolet.

Just sayin.
      HaHa good one PW. I don't usually drive a chebby these days either. My DD is a ram truck. I don't have anything cool or fast for street right now ceptin' my Yamaha. ( Heck wifey even sold off her WRX :-() You won't catch that unless you're on knee dragging capable 2 wheeler.
      Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; February 22, 2018, 08:14 PM.
      A.K.A. Brian
      Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        My wife thinks I drive too fast, though I've found the faster I go eventually she quiets down.
        In the 57 if she is birching..I'll downshift.. Maintain speed.. If she does not be still, double clutch and one more downshift and let it sing...
        Usually shuts right up and look at the floor waiting for the upshift...

Comment

Fast is relative with three basic considerations; the equipment (vehicle), the environment (public road or closed track) and operator ability. Give the best rider in the world a rickety bike with wobbly wheels and he probably won't make the bottom of the hill at 10 MPH. A soapbox derby car is fast at 30MPH and a truck in the Baja is wide open at speeds that would make most daily drivers gag on an Interstate highway.

It seems I have as much fun in a go-kart or mini-bike, as with the same expensive full-size versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

In the 57 if she is birching..I'll downshift.. Maintain speed.. If she does not be still, double clutch and one more downshift and let it sing...
            Usually shuts right up and look at the floor waiting for the upshift...
            I got nuthin'...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

It seems I have as much fun in a go-kart or mini-bike, as with the same expensive full-size versions.
              There it is. I want one of those shifter carts, the fastest thing I've ever seen in a mall parking lot, doing autocross. Holy crap, that had to be a blast to drive that thing.
              Last edited by pdub; February 23, 2018, 04:57 AM.

Comment

In LSR, my impression of fast is the next 5MPH increment. Mutt is running 129.8... so the immediate goal is 130. But FAST is 135. If I can finish the season near 140 I'll be THRILLED!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Mutt is running 129.8 so the immediate goal is 130. But FAST is 135. If I can finish the season near 140 I'll be THRILLED!
                  At 125MPH, factory production QR & RR rated tires are no longer allowed and from 135 to 150 MPH is where lots of safety requirements start coming into play ... be safe, go fast and have fun !

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    My wife thinks I drive too fast, though I've found the faster I go eventually she quiets down.
                    Yeah , I'm in the same boat .

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

In LSR, my impression of fast is the next 5MPH increment. Mutt is running 129.8... so the immediate goal is 130. But FAST is 135. If I can finish the season near 140 I'll be THRILLED!

Dan
                      Whatcha gonna do about secondary brakes Dan? I'll bet ya got that whole thing covered already. I haven't been watching but Unit says the rule changes have lots of LSR-ers talking it up big time.

Comment

I haven't been on the FB thing yet. I can add an E-brake handle and cable with minimal effort but I wonder if they'll want the ratchet (pull the handle up and it stays there) disabled. I surf FB and see if I can find out.

Dan

Comment

Here ya go Dan!

The Arkansas 1-Mile Challenge has 1,884 members. This site is for land speed racers of one mile and half mile racing. Please share your knowledge and...

Comment

We're going to Barber. We ARE, it's a little bit outside of Birmingham. Turn Red loose to run and Unit can ride along, they've said so.

That's just a beautiful facility. Prettier than Walt Disney World, the grass is manicured. If y'all have or have not ever been there, it's a must-see. That Barber motorcycle museum, ohhhh my. Yeah, it's a day trip already. It is.

So I've got to get offa my ass and put the track wheels on Red and dump the brake fluid and.... yeah, we're going. And that's two weeks out and I'm in the "go" mindset already. I keep on begging Unit, let's leave right now and just go down there and wait. That's how ready I am.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                              Here ya go Dan!
                              Thanks Pdub! I wrote Steve a note asking for clarification, too.

Dan

Comment

Thanks Pdub! I wrote Steve a note asking for clarification, too.

Dan
                                You're more than welcome Sir. Glad to be able to provide something, if I did.

CJ, for one, she seems to be the most outwardly NICE and likable person, from the two conversations I had with her on the phone. She and Steve have their hands full, I'll bet, taking over the reigns.
                                Last edited by pdub; February 23, 2018, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X