X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Magazine and Gas Monkey

So this happened

Click image for larger version

Name:	07-Gas-Monkey-1934-Fast-Loud-Bass-Kustom.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&fit=around|300:200.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	1186846

I absolutely love the car and HRM really didn't have a choice to feature it because it's awesome.... however, HRM promotes GMG....consider that, after all the crap they said about GMG, all the hate, and now they feature a car from their shop?

HRM, Freigburger mentioned he wanted HRM to be the authoritative source for all things Hot Rod. You'd think the authoritative source would recognize up and coming shops.... just sayin'
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Consider how rasslin' talk works with the concept of making money.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I think you hit the nail on the head.... that funny bit is if you want to be an authority, you should have integrity.
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 16, 2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

I read that one . Seems that they had a expert in this type of rod to help them build it . The guy shut his shop down for two weeks to do it . Now , I'm not throwing to big of a stone here but , If they are all that and a box of chocolates like Richard acts what would they need him for .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Something funny about TV. It's all fake.

Something really interesting, however... if you want to know what the person is like - look at what they do outside the TV show. Married to his high school sweetheart (who curbed him because she was jealous, but he won her back), built a business where 1,000 people are supported by his vision, Raced (and won) against HRM and all their sponsors, supported his former employees in their vision e.g. do you really think Aaron Kaufman can raise the funds to build his new shop*, FU garage he produces, reached out and supported other people in their vision with the garage rebuild show.... So why you mad that he's successful? we need more people like him. By comparison, what has TEN done for the community?

I'm not really a Ford Coupe kind of guy, but that car is beautiful - but do you really think it could have been built without deep pockets and a shop full of tools and tradesmen? I never get the hate against the person who built the sandbox.

What's really kind of funny behind all of this is this: Richard has made it clear he wants to run Discovery; I wouldn't bet against him. That means that Freiburger could end up being Richard's employee.

I hate drama shows, but Richard has always surrounded himself with craftsmen - if you think it's easy to hire craftsmen, try doing it sometime... everyone is an expert until the day they start... not just that but all he did fit his vision.... so yeah, I like what he's doing.

*I've been enjoying watching Aaron start ArcLight fab - he said this gem that still makes me chuckle "there is so much work to get all it in place before the work can be done"... funny admission given how much he complained when he was drawing a paycheck.

We need less Roadkill and more Gas Monkey Garage.

Comment

We need Roadkill and GasMonkey....the more the merrier.
            I kinda dumb down the drama and the invented deadlines in my head to see the cars and the build.
            Over here I don't get to see much in the "flesh"..
            or the metal to be precise.
            We have American vehicles over here but nothing
            really modified....all stock due to legality laws to
            be street driven.

No point in bickering about which show or who
            who is the best.

Comment

We need less magazines calling out people. We need more people who build cars rather then see if they can die in ones they bodged. We need to stop this us vs. them bs. If that means that HRM and Roadkill have to die - so be it. What I like about GMG is it's all about making things better. HRM and Roadkill? dunno I can say that - not saying they couldn't, not even saying I disagree with what Freiburger said in the back of HRM - I shouldn't, it's what I've been saying for years... but enough, I'm tired of the endless combats and if it means shaming them into compliance... whatever works.

Comment

and new March 5th is Shifting Gears with Aaron Kaufman ....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  Something funny about TV. It's all fake.

Something really interesting, however... if you want to know what the person is like - look at what they do outside the TV show. Married to his high school sweetheart (who curbed him because she was jealous, but he won her back), built a business where 1,000 people are supported by his vision, Raced (and won) against HRM and all their sponsors, supported his former employees in their vision e.g. do you really think Aaron Kaufman can raise the funds to build his new shop*, FU garage he produces, reached out and supported other people in their vision with the garage rebuild show.... So why you mad that he's successful? we need more people like him. By comparison, what has TEN done for the community?

I'm not really a Ford Coupe kind of guy, but that car is beautiful - but do you really think it could have been built without deep pockets and a shop full of tools and tradesmen? I never get the hate against the person who built the sandbox.

What's really kind of funny behind all of this is this: Richard has made it clear he wants to run Discovery; I wouldn't bet against him. That means that Freiburger could end up being Richard's employee.

I hate drama shows, but Richard has always surrounded himself with craftsmen - if you think it's easy to hire craftsmen, try doing it sometime... everyone is an expert until the day they start... not just that but all he did fit his vision.... so yeah, I like what he's doing.

*I've been enjoying watching Aaron start ArcLight fab - he said this gem that still makes me chuckle "there is so much work to get all it in place before the work can be done"... funny admission given how much he complained when he was drawing a paycheck.

We need less Roadkill and more Gas Monkey Garage.
                  This is a repost of last night that some how disappeared . Your jumping to conclusions about me , I don't care how successful he is . I don't wish him bad . I'm a chevy guy but the most beautiful coup ever made is a 34 ford . I personally think it would look better with fenders but as a highboy it looks good too . I don't hate him . I simple choose not to watch him . I choose not to watch him because he acts arrogant . And it isn't any more attractive if it is just and act . Back the the HRM story . Says that they recruited a guy that has a shop and he shut it down for to weeks to help them out . Sounds like the Ferrari F40project to me . I will say that Richard can surround himself with talent . I this case like the F40 the talent wasn't all GM .

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

and new March 5th is Shifting Gears with Aaron Kaufman ....

Comment

I like Iron Resurrection - - Martin Bros. Customs - - Shorty is a hoot - https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...A&&FORM=VDRVRV
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                        I like Iron Resurrection - - Martin Bros. Customs - - Shorty is a hoot - https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...A&&FORM=VDRVRV
                        And David Kindig....no invented drama.

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post

And David Kindig....no invented drama.
                          yes - I like that show too-
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                            I agree! So many of the "Car Shows" have too much contrived drama!
                            Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                            Gregg and Deb Miller
                            Verona, Wi.

Comment

I don't watch very many car shows on TV. I'd rather spend my limited time wrenching than watching other people do it on TV.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X