crazy---mass hysteria in hawaii....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy---mass hysteria in hawaii....

so at roughly 830am this morning, the hawaii early warning system sent out this text-

"ballistic missile inbound for hawaii, seek immediate shelter. this is not a drill"....

well needless to say people went apeshit, crawling into manhole covers in the middle
    of the street, running out of restaurants without paying, driving 100mph down city streets,
    etc.... i thought it was a mistake or a hoax ( if they knew enough to send out that text,
    wouldnt they have set off the air raid sirens first?) and turns out i was right.

thank goodness nothing majorly bad happened. (like us retaliating against north korea
    for a big misunderstanding...)

took the goobermint 38 minutes to say "oops--sorry. disregard that".....
    in the meantime people thought we were all gonna die.

their excuse is that 'someone accidentally pushed the wrong button'............................

The hysteria is understandable in Hawaii..... The hysteria of the media on the mainland is beyond stoopid.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'm not sure about other people, but I would rather have a false warning, than no warning at all. Remember what happened the last time somebody in Hawaii didn't put out the warning of what they saw on the new cutting-edge RADAR equipment that had recently been installed on the island ?

Comment

some pacific radar monitoring (the four branches of service) knew right away. The rest is modern speed of communication.
        39 minutes aint so bad.

its like 39 F in kissimmee florida. some panic and have winter coats and hats on.
        I am sitting next to the open window enjoying the sun.

Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Those running the early warning system should start swimming for the mainland NOW!!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Glad that it was a false alarm. Disappointed that the media is making it sound as though everyone is "outraged". Fast becoming one of the most overused words that they have. Maybe a little "bend over and kiss your ass goodbye" training would be in order for some.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

heres the message they sent out to every cell phone in hawaii
              at 8:03am pacific standard time'.

then nothing for 38 minutes.
              can you see why it made people crazy?

again, i figured it wasnt real--no sirens. that would have been the
              very first thing they did before sending out messages.

but then again, MOST people are retarded and panic quickly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	holycrepe.jpg Views:	1 Size:	15.3 KB ID:	1186648
              Last edited by fatguyzinc; January 14, 2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

As far as the "outrage" is concerned, maybe it's just the few folks who made a lifelong confession about some dark secret, thinking the bomb was on the way, and then.....false alarm.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                  As far as the "outrage" is concerned, maybe it's just the few folks who made a lifelong confession about some dark secret, thinking the bomb was on the way, and then.....false alarm.
                  hah hah, you mean like "since we're all gonna die in 12 minutes anyway.
                  i may as well tell you that i slept with your sister...AND your brother"

Comment

Raise your arms, face to the sky and SMILE!
                    If it hapens, it happens.. No where you go will save you, except mainland..

Comment

That'll get your blood moving . Glad it was a false alarm . Hope everyone involved learn what caused it so it doesn't happen again. But yeah people shouldn't be outraged , they should realize we are all unperfect individuals and be greatful .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Heard this morning the problem was this: They had a message ready to go about the warning. What they did NOT have ready to go was the "all clear" message. So.... first shock, then confusion, and then typing as fast as they could before pressing SEND ALL.
                        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I admit I am extremely jaded. That said, my first thought on seeing the text and reading this thread was "well that explains why scammers are so persistant - gullible people abound."

Did you "slide for more"? I'm curious what the "more" was?

I know, I know.....shame on me for being a heartless butthole. I'm used to it.

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                          Click image for larger version Name:	holycrepe.jpg Views:	1 Size:	15.3 KB ID:	1186648

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                            I admit I am extremely jaded. That said, my first thought on seeing the text and reading this thread was "well that explains why scammers are so persistant - gullible people abound."

Did you "slide for more"? I'm curious what the "more" was?

I know, I know.....shame on me for being a heartless butthole. I'm used to it.
                            Of course they didn't, who'd want more missiles?
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

yeah, it was shades of when they read "war of the worlds"
                              over the radio and lots of people thought it was real.

like i said, if the sirens werent running then i dont know why
                              people didnt think first before panicking. maybe because
                              they got the text. and so did the guy next to them. and
                              the guy next to him. and EVERY person in hawaii with a cell
                              phone, a week after they went on tv telling us all about the new
                              early warning system and the threat of N korea.

i say its just all wind in sails. to huck a missile at any US territory
                              would mean absolute total annihilation in return, we would wipe
                              the country off the face of the earth. even that moron over there
                              must realize that. so chances are slim to non of it actually
                              ever happening.... we hope !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X