No announcement yet.

BANGshift Forums Are Being Updated And Moved! READ THIS ALL FORUM PARTICIPANTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering about how another forum I use manages to still be on a much earlier version of vbulletin. 3.something and it works right, and this site is on 5.something, and it doesn't work right.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Newer not always better...
      Iphone is an example.. Older version in one phone plays nicer than the updated in the other phone with the same model..
      Older version was flashing so bought another used (nobody but me uses 4...) And the updated ios is funky..

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        I was wondering about how another forum I use manages to still be on a much earlier version of vbulletin.
        It is not a requirement to upgrade to the latest version ... unless you want / need their technical assistance. The trap we fell into was customizing it so far away from the base version, trying to give everyone all the functionality they wanted. This made it almost impossible to maintain as each new version needed so much massaging.

Comment

That's understandable. The older one does not do stuff that we can do here. Yet it still does it's job.

hopefully the new system will keep us all mostly happy!
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
            How much lead notice will we get so we can stock up on withdrawal drugs?
            Chad said; "We are currently doing a migration simulation that should help us determine how long the BANGshift Forum will need to be shut off for the real migration. As soon as we have that estimate we'll share it with you and give you 24 hours notice before flipping the switch and turning off the current forum. We expect that the forum will be turned off for a couple days, but we'll give you more info as we have it. We will also be updating a splash page that you'll see instead of the forum to tell you how our progress is coming along and keep you informed of any new developments as they happen. "

Comment

Will our annual dues now go up?
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                and give you 24 hours notice before flipping the switch and turning off the current forum.
                so it will be by E Mail?

LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  Will our annual dues now go up?
                  Just yours - !
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
                    so it will be by E Mail?
                    It's possible, but who knows what lurks in Chad's mind ?

Comment

Now, only if this new version will get our Photobucket pics back.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        Try this ..........worked for me

Download photobucket embed fix for Firefox. This will fix all embedded Photo Bucket images on forums and other websites. Source Code: https://github.com/Ryan-Myers/photobucket-embed-fix Ported from the Chrome extensions code: https://github.com/kzahel/photobuck
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

There is an extension for Chrome too ... there is another thread about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            yeah, I deleted something like 5000 pictures from their hosting site - I'll be damned before I put them back there again. I will, eventually, recap what was there (I have a couple surgeries coming up where I'll have little to do but rest).... but why would I ever trust them again?
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I am so appreciative of the work Chad and company put in keeping this forum working right. Thanks guys.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Praying for improvement! Make Forums Great Again! This thread should be a sticky!
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X