Camper Shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camper Shells

Howdy guys. So I recently had about $3-400 of stuff stolen out of my bed, so I really started hunting hard for a shell for my 72 C25, as most of y'all that know me, and I'm all about period correct. I just found this on CL, a bit on the pricier side, but I think it looks good. I'd love to have the roof cut out and install a large (and maybe poppable due to heat) window put in for camping purposes (love the sky at night). Does anybody know what I should be looking at when I'm looking at these? I'd also love to find matching side windows since it's got two different ones. https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...429127412.html
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

A hard yank opens most oof these doors. Or opening the tailgate..
    I rolled a pickup (very slowly) and my tools and chains were in the interior.. Laid flat
    Some way to lock the tail gate on the inside then the canopy door on both sides

Comment

Number one, that shell is probably framed with wood and HEAVY! You will probably want 5 men and a hefty boy to move/install it on your truck...Number two, the reason for the different windows is so the fronts may open for ventilation,,,if it is the polycarbonate windows you are looking to match up, these people may be able to help: https://www.piedmontplastics.com/app...ck-cap-windows . Lastly, that roof vent can probably be replaced with a newer clear one for visibility....Happy Shopping!
      Last edited by silver_bullet; January 10, 2018, 04:57 AM.
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Or you could get you a few sheets of that curagated galvanized roofing they put on old barns and make you a hinged bed cover and call it a day .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Acrually I was just kidding but you could make a lip on the inside of the bed with some angle stock about 1/2 below the bed rail then make you a bed cover from out of light steel or wood and stretch some vinyl over it and it would look sharp .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	hb_cover.png
Views:	17
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	1186197man, don't ask me or I'll suggest something like this...
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
            X