What We Could Have Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What We Could Have Done

There are/were so many things. There are so many common tales about really long career guys like me who retire and die real soon afterward, months, usually. They do, you hear about it. Wow, that didn't last long.

I don't see Unit and me going down that path, but we really are sitting here doing a whole lot of nothing. We are the best at doing nothing I've ever seen, especially when the whole world is frozen solid outside.

Some thoughts come to mind, some could-haves:

ZZTopp. Their stuff, they made more out of three chords than nearly anybody ever could. That was even actually easy stuff to play if you can play at all, they were just the masters of it. I hope they made a mint doing that, they were good. Being able to play at all, and trying to do that, that'll let you know there's real talent involved and not everybody has it.

Race cars. Which way do you want to do it? If you go for the road course thing, the track day thing, and you decide to get an older car, you're gonna get your ass outrun. You'll get embarrassed by some brand new things straight out of the box, when you've got more money than that invested in parts. Welcome to the new world.

Could-haves. Man, I could have.....well probably because I couldn't. Could haves are imaginary. We all think we could have, but most often we couldn't have anyhow.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I'm thinking, pizza tonight. There's a Red Baron pepperoni in the freezer...

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
      I'm thinking, pizza tonight. There's a Red Baron pepperoni in the freezer...
      Dangit Loren......you reminded me.....we could have had the shrimp. Should have thawed them out.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

it is a good reminder pdub.
        I did not plan on being in florida..and now we have the epic pile of slop climbing into the northeast.
        watching it from TV.

will be out and about trsavelling for a couple of months to come.
        I wandered off the resort I am in, the neighborhood outside had kids playing street hockey in january.
        another place was mostly mobile homes that stood up to a few more than one hurricanes..
        spanish language over heard.

I thought I was stuck inmaine for no damn reason.

the could have dones are health first.
        I am sure to be bailing from maine some time soon.
        I have two lungs, did not know one was half crunched.
        maine is only worth half my breathing apparently.

Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I keep thinking "Wow, what a sucky era to hit my prime I got!".. It was almost '73 when I turned 18. Right when cars went BLEAH. My first used car of my own was a '71 AMC HORNET. My first new car was a '75 MONZA with the 262. The only thing timed right was I got to go to the third street machine nationals in '79. Then I moved to LA in '89. Right places, wrong times. Cool hobbies, un-cool times to be involved. Ten years either way and I woulda been a contendah!
          Last edited by RockJustRock; January 11, 2018, 12:43 AM.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
          X