We Want a Class C Motor Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Want a Class C Motor Home

Here at Weevile we have decided, and determined...and this was Unit's idea, well presented this morning, and I'm all in. Class C motor home. We're gonna take this show on the road because we can. The both of us are getting real tired of "retirement," just sitting here watching the house fall down around us, doing nothing. And we don't have the money to go 200 MPH, so we're going to go slower. There's no reason not to. We want to drive all the way out there and meet and visit with Deaf Bob. America, the whole thing.

We've done so many web searches for vehicles today, we are so new to this, unborn. We've got way more questions than answers. How do you actually live and behave on the road, where do you hook up and dump the grey and black water? A turtle, just stop where you are and that's it for the night. We're gonna do this, and it'll be a great thing for us. We're only getting older, wasting time the whole time. We're gonna do this, it makes too much sense, even if it makes no sense at all.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Hey Big Dave and Perry - we can hit y'all on the way. Unit wants to see the Grand Canyon.

Comment

why a class C? and whatever you do, buy used... as used as you can handle.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        why a class C? and whatever you do, buy used... as used as you can handle.
        Man, is that the truth. Yep. Used. We're going to look tomorrow.

And Class C because the Class B ones have the bed over the cab and neither of us want to climb up there just to go to sleep. Actually, the dealer down in Georgia has a few they're calling Class B+. Which only means the real sleeping-bed is on the floor, not over the cab. Most B ones don't have a shower.

Comment

Answered your email before I saw this...
          Yup, come visit!
          Will clear a spot for you to park, here or the farm!

Comment

Ahhite den, we'll let ya know.

Comment

I agree with the idea of buying used.... Just do A LOT of research! And You are welcome here as well!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                I agree with the idea of buying used.... Just do A LOT of research! And You are welcome here as well!
                Lemme see....let's look at the map......this is all of a sudden a whole new great big world.

Comment

That's a great idea. I would like to do the RV around America some day.

There are many Truck stops that provide dump stations. You can park at WalMart for free. Also campgrounda are pretty cheap iwhen you decide to park for a couple days.

YUP, buy used....BIG savings. I had a class C for a few years, good times. It was mostly parked at our building site while we were building our "lake/retirement house " . We live there now, but not quite fully retired.....well wifey isn't. Be warned, it will consume MORE fuel than you think it will LOL.
                  A.K.A. Brian
                  Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post
                    Be warned, it will consume MORE fuel than you think it will LOL.
                    HAHAHAHH!!!!! Fuel? We don't need no stinkin FUEL! HAHAHHAHAHAH!!

This started out as a search for a "shell" that would go on the back of Bubba the Truck. Well, that "shell" weighs about 3400 pounds. Okay, new different vehicle, a "drive it" one.
                    Last edited by pdub; December 26, 2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

The time is nearing for me to own another one, Right now my wife's work schedule, our 3 LARGE dogs, and my volunteer schedule don't allow us to travel. I have already started thinning out projects and toys that make less and less sense for an old guy to be fooling with. I'm also flat out of room to store/park anything, so a new RV/boat barn is already being discussed at the DWB homestead too.
                      A.K.A. Brian
                      Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post
                        The time is nearing for me to own another one, Right now my wife's work schedule, our 3 LARGE dogs, and my volunteer schedule don't allow us to travel. I have already started thinning out projects and toys that make less and less sense for an old guy to be fooling with. I'm also flat out of room to store/park anything, so a new RV/boat barn is already being discussed at the DWB homestead too.
                        This "project' just makes sense. Unit brought it up. It was something I may have dreamed about, but I would have never brought it up. And this morning she did. She said she was waiting all night to offer up to me this morning.

Oh hell yes. Yes just get out of here, because we can. And now there's nothing in the world stopping us.

I never understood the whole concept of it, until I got old. As a young guy I always wondered, "Why do old farts travel so much? Why don't they just stay home and mind their own business?"

Well, there we are. I'd leave in the morning but we have to buy a ride first.

Comment

id do this instead, just because--
                          1) unhook and park the trailer and you got a 'normal' truck you can drive/ park anywhere.
                          2) it bends in the middle. MUCH easier to maneuver around obstacles.
                          3) something goes wrong with trailer (bearings, flat tire, etc...) see #1...

Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1184301

Attached Files

Comment

Rent one for a week or two see if you really like it. I want one that will pull my car and trailer.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

"id do this instead, just because--"

We thought about those ones, too. The thing is, and maybe I'm not at all manly and I already know I'm not, I don't want to tow anything. I want all of our shit going down the road in one piece. That, and backing up a trailer.....I can do it, but not unless forced to by circumstance. If I'm going to make a life-choice, a huge financial investment, it won't be to drag something around for thousands of miles. But that's just me, and I'm sure I'm just all wrong.
                              Last edited by pdub; December 26, 2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X