I Wanna Go FAST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wanna Go FAST

I do. I wanna haul ass. And I don't mean wadding the car up around a tree on a side road, That's nothing but stupid.

I mean FAST. That long straightaway at Road Atlanta......there's something about that, the way that was built. Going down that hill into 10A, it makes your ass feel like you'd better let out of it, or you'll wreck for sure. And maybe you might if you don't..

But I mean FAST, Way damned fast.

Who's gonna put me in a car that will go that fast? We don't have the means or the knowledge here at Weeville to end up in a bullet-shaped rocket like at Bonneville. I'm already old, my reflexes are not what they used to be. Fly apart into pieces trying. But what a way to go, doing the thing you love. And that's been a point of contention here on the BS forum - "Died doing the thing he loved." The argument is, he died wrecking? Is that the thing he loved, wrecking?

And I don't have a death wish. The tracks I've run, you could die at AMP if you really did have a death wish. But you would have to turn the steering wheel really hard and keep the foot on the gas, you'd have to do that on purpose if you wanted to. And you could do that on the interstate if you wanted to clock out.

Daytona. As well as that place is designed and meant for speed, Yeah, it's the speed. It's the speed that'll getcha at any speed.

But all of that seems to get in the way. I wanna go FAST. Real fast. But I can't afford it. And I'm too old anyhow. Oh well, just have to watch the movies I guess.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

There are plenty of places around that you can go 200MPH without too much cost (disclaimer: "too much" is entirely a perspective term, used by industry experts). When I asked Keith what it took to get into the 200 Club, he smiled at me at replied; "More horsepower than you think and more money than you've got". That has stuck with me ever since then.

Comment

Those 200 MPH guys at the Mile....Golly Ned. Just looking at those cars and talking with those guys......you'd think they were everyday Joes, and they are, seem to be. But they have SO much money in those rides......GYAH.

Comment

You want to go 200 mph, buy a car that comes with 200 mph time slips. They are cheaper than you think. But out side my budget. Remember it's cheaper to buy one than build one most of the time.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
          You want to go 200 mph, buy a car that comes with 200 mph time slips. They are cheaper than you think. But out side my budget. Remember it's cheaper to buy one than build one most of the time.
          That whole thing just leaves me shaking my head. If you buy a 200 mph car for cheap, you still have to know how to fix it when it blows to hell, and .... Well, there you go. Staring at it, and I can't even fix a parking brake.

Comment

That's one of those deals you hope you get your 2 hat before it blows, and when it does you sell it broke

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

That's one of those deals you hope you get your 2 hat before it blows, and when it does you sell it broke
              Turk's got way more 2 hats than he has heads. That's just hard to imagine. It IS, just hard to imagine. I don't think anybody can ever have any idea what that's all about unless and until you've mashed the gas pedal and see what happens. That's just next to impossible.

Comment

I want to haul ass myself! Thinking of maybe building a car for the salt flats? Not sure if there is going to be any good surface for racing in 2 or 3 years? I just think it would be so cool to go out and do 160 plus mph on the salt.

Comment

I've resigned myself to the reality that I'll never have a 2 Club hat. I can't afford to run with the big dogs and I don't want to stay on the porch so I build weird stuff for obscure classes. It's still fun at 130 MPH and I have lots of class record certificates. I DO have a seat in the Avanti once it's screwed together but it's been a slow process.

Dan

Comment

David Freiburger Going 213 MPH in the So-Al Racing Camaro

Chasing a Landspeed Record at Bonneville with a 1100hp Camaro!

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
                      David Freiburger Going 213 MPH in the So-Al Racing Camaro

Am I looking at that right? Did he do all of that in 3rd gear? 1st gear is short, 2nd is long and then 3rd....waiting.....waiting....and then it's over.

Am I looking at that right? Is that the secret to 200 mph, 1000 hp and tall gears?

Comment

Don't forget good aero, 1000 hp, tall gears and good aerodynamics.

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Don't forget good aero, 1000 hp, tall gears and good aerodynamics.
                          And 1000-foot-tall piles of money. I see that now, it's easy. You just have to know how to build it and then you have to pay for it. DF made that look entirely too easy in that video. That skips the part where you have to put it all together. I see that now, just driving it is the most easiest part.

Comment

Looks like it might be El Mirage? I think there is more traction than the salt flats and they can gear differently? That's just what I think, what I know is a completely slower story.

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
                              Looks like it might be El Mirage? I think there is more traction than the salt flats and they can gear differently? That's just what I think, what I know is a completely slower story.
                              It's somewhere. Somewhere where you turn left to get off and slow down. Not anywhere I've been for sure..

Comment

Working...
                              X