Poser Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poser Parts

A little while back I read a story from Russia. They've got some really fancy private jets that have been decommissioned. No more flying but they are still every bit as posh on the interior. The owners came up with a novel idea - rent the jets on the ground, I think it was $280 for an hour or two, right where it sits.

So all of the young folks are dogpiling on all dressed up, taking photos of themselves in the seats sipping champagne with their pinky fingers sticking out. They rent limos to be photographed getting out of, boarding the fancy jet with a pseudo-fancy flight attendant waiting at the jet's stairway. And they post the photos on social media - THIS is the way to fly! And they ain't been nowhere at all. One of the kids in the article said, "Fake it until you make it." That was the punchline of the whole story.

I got the Mustang catalog yesterday. by now I've got all I need out of there. I don't need the thing that makes Reds' rear turn signals go 1-2-3 like the new Stangs do. Not for a couple hundred bucks, and I wouldn't even get to see him do it while I was using it anyhow.

A couple other things struck me - somebody buys this stuff or it wouldn't always be in there.

Brake caliper covers. You snap these over your stock calipers and it "looks" like, well...these are $199. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010026.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	571.0 KB
ID:	1179964

And how about some "Looks like I've got hood pins?" These are $94. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010028.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	543.5 KB
ID:	1179965

This is inspiring. Weeville Garage Episode 3 (EDIT- 4) coming up soon, but it won't be filmed in the garage. I'll have to "GO" film it. Shot on location when I find the right location.
    Last edited by pdub; November 14, 2017, 12:09 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Weeville Garage Episode 4. The first run was the best one, pedaling it on cold tires and cold pavement, Red got into the power band in second gear and was already going 70 when I looked at the speedo and hollered, "Mark." On that try, spinning the wheels, it looks in the neighborhood of maybe 4:89 from 0 to 70. And it's obvious from this that Red stops way better than he goes, which is what you want if you can get it. Can anybody look at this and roughly figure out what the stopping distance is, 60-0?

Unsanctioned testing, as Brian Lohnes would say. Cold tires, cold pavement, the first 0-60 run was the best, having to pedal it with the tires spinning. Actu...

Comment

Let me guess, that crap is in an American Muscle catalog.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
        Weeville Garage Episode 4. The first run was the best one, pedaling it on cold tires and cold pavement, Red got into the power band in second gear and was already going 70 when I looked at the speedo and hollered, "Mark." On that try, spinning the wheels, it looks in the neighborhood of maybe 4:89 from 0 to 70. And it's obvious from this that Red stops way better than he goes, which is what you want if you can get it. Can anybody look at this and roughly figure out what the stopping distance is, 60-0?
        sounds good.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by pats91 View Post
          Let me guess, that crap is in an American Muscle catalog.
          Yep.

Comment

60 to zero guess 135 feet
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
            X