Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeeWee Cooking ...

Did you go on a big boat cruise or something
    I can't believe nobody else noticed the lil guy disappeared!
    Check in dammit!
    SUEUNIT... You too!

He posted @ 0912 hours ... five words or less
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Huh?
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

How in damnation did I manage to tree the racecar driver in street attire!?!?
        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I was cooking a hunk of pig....asleep at the wheel.

Comment

Pork is not turkey.

Lemme tell y'all, that IR cooker (Oil-Less Turkey Fryer) is a mighty cool tool. Just did a pork tenderloin in it, WOW, the very best EVER. Best ever ever.

Comment

Hey! Glad you are okay!
              Strangely...I am smoking a pork shoulder in the bbq!
              In the pouring rain too!

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                Pork is not turkey.

Lemme tell y'all, that IR cooker (Oil-Less Turkey Fryer) is a mighty cool tool. Just did a pork tenderloin in it, WOW, the very best EVER. Best ever ever.
                I recently slapped a 7 pound slab of pork tenderloin on a grill, 4 day blackout.
                damn good.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

One time many many years ago I sold a Weber Genesis grill to a guy at the Sears store in Pineville NC. I was loitering around waiting for the then-wife to do all of her girl shopping somewhere in the mall. I said to the customer, "I've got one of these, it's great." I went on to show him all it would do, cooking direct or indirect, how easy it was to clean, etc. and he said, "I'll take it. Do you have a cover to go with it?" I said I dunno, I don't work here.

I would have no trouble selling one of the IR cookers, either. Tonight I tried something I don't think you're supposed to be able to do with IR, at least I couldn't find anything about how to do it anywhere. Pork spare ribs.

Case in point: Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010018.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	708.5 KB
ID:	1179750

The cooker is 15.5 inches deep. The rack of ribs was 15.5 inches long, by mere coincidence. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010019.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	524.5 KB
ID:	1179751

Oh my, what to do? Cut the rack in half and hang it using all sorts of parts not designed. The shaft from the Weber rotisserie, and a tool previously meant to lift a turkey out of an oil fryer, sharpened on one end to stick through the meat. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010024.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	678.0 KB
ID:	1179752

Famous Dave's dry rub beforehand, then barbecue sauce at 35 minutes. A total of 50 mintes with the lid on for the last 15 minutes. The lid is just a screen of sorts that reflects all of the IR cooties back into the cooker to sear the outside of the meat if that's what you want. 50 minutes total, Voila. Man, they were good. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010025.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	609.0 KB
ID:	1179753

The IR cooker gets incredible gas mileage. I've used it 3 times and I cannot tell a difference in the level in the tank.
                  Last edited by pdub; November 11, 2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I guess my invite is stuck in the mail somewhere. Guess I'm sayin' THOSE LOOK GREAT!

Dan

Comment

so......now you're selling them to us?
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        so......now you're selling them to us?
                        Well, not unless you already want one. I know for sure from deduction that it won't grill a steak, and I haven't tried to make ice cream in it yet.

Comment

Crock pot cookin' a 9 pound pork roast for carnitas! Yum!
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                            Crock pot cookin' a 9 pound pork roast for carnitas! Yum!
                            mmm.

anyone save the morning bacon fat for pork and beans later...?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08641w.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	811.5 KB
ID:	1179818

doing that right now...with restaurant music.

remember, you are the jimmy page of your beans.

my chef john attempt = fail.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                            X