X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get some of those flags?

Dan

Comment

Put a magnet on your drain plug or your fill cap. (glue it on if plastic cap).
      Put the drain plug on the fill cap... If you go to fill the motor, you will see the drain plug there...
      Bad part is you crawl under and forget to bring it with, making another trip topside..

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
        Those are nicer than the ones used in the military. And way smaller too. Ours were just a light vinyl maybe 12-14" x 2-3" wide. The wind on a flight line is constantly whipping them around and beating the crap out of them.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I knew someone who ran Top Fuel for years and one time between rounds they were trying so hard to get the motor back together they made a complete run starting line to 1,320 feet without the motor having any oil in it!!!
          When they realized what they did they took the motor apart and checked the bearing and they did not look that bad!

True story but I won't mention any names because I do not want to embarrass anyone.

Jim Hill

Comment

IF this happened it was just for a few seconds.

Dan

Comment

New way to spray fluid film on before winter driving season?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
                I knew someone who ran Top Fuel for years and one time between rounds they were trying so hard to get the motor back together they made a complete run starting line to 1,320 feet without the motor having any oil in it!!!
                When they realized what they did they took the motor apart and checked the bearing and they did not look that bad!

True story but I won't mention any names because I do not want to embarrass anyone.

Jim Hill

I was watching NHRA back in the mid-90s. My Bud, KB aborted a run and in the after interview stated that it was because they had no oil in the motor. "There was no oil pressure because there was no oil in it."

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

I was watching NHRA back in the mid-90s. My Bud, KB aborted a run and in the after interview stated that it was because they had no oil in the motor. "There was no oil pressure because there was no oil in it."
                  That MIGHT 'splain it!

Dan

Comment

There was this guy where I work that I swear he must have double gasketed an oil filter at least once a month, I learned my lesson at 15 and haven't made that mistake again.
                    On the other note, once left a tray of bearings in the intake valley and the intake got put on. It made it all the way through the run without anything happening.

Comment

was a tool truck salesman back a few years ago. went into a dealership one day with an elderly lady who was very upset saying that when she bought the car it did not need service for 50,000 miles. the motor was locked up. needless to say she never had the oil changed. she wanted a new car.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                        It's better to reinstall an oil filter before starting an engine. Some of you may not know that. I have recent proof of this.

Dan

one of my first oil changes...5 quarts of fresh oil all over the drive way...at least it was cheap then...
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Sadly, this is not my first........ Where's the "Knucklehead" imogee?

Dan

Comment

Working...
                          X