• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Lot of good info in that one.

Still wonder why Bedford van though!
      Tim
      Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Oh that's funny.... so there will be cameos with Bad Obsession. Bad Obsession made some passing comment about Australia and I wondered what that was about... I guess now we know.

About braided hose, he's right, there are almost as many ways to put it together as there are people who put it together. That said, his primer on braided hose is a good one. I mark the point where the nut should be on the hose - because you can pull that nut forward instead of it clamping on the hose. I also use tape - the trick being don't be stingy with the tape - not enough and it'll look like an afro.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          Oh that's funny.... so there will be cameos with Bad Obsession. Bad Obsession made some passing comment about Australia and I wondered what that was about... I guess now we know.
          Yes now we just have to wait the four months till we get the Bad Obsession reply!

I'll add this here, a lot of Al's face in it.

Last edited by 65RHDEER; August 16, 2018, 03:51 AM.
          Tim
          Melbourne Australia

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post

Yes now we just have to wait the four months till we get the Bad Obsession reply!
            You're expecting a faster turn around - wasn't the last one 6 months?

I love how they shuffled stuff around in the yard with the Bedford van.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 16, 2018, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• a primer on the Barra motor

Comment

• An Extra Skid Factory, they pull down the motor out of 2SEXY to see what went wrong.
                My opinion is different that Al's, I think bore split causing the damage...

Tim
                Melbourne Australia

Comment

• I think liquid caused that issue - I've never seen a rod bend unless it hydrolocks.

Comment

• Back to Bedford building

Tim
                    Melbourne Australia

Comment

• and then no more until October...

Comment

• Isn't September when the SBG channel is starting?
                        People will be looking for something to consume...
                        Tim
                        Melbourne Australia

Comment

• no because I'd make Bad Obsession's build look like it's happening at lightspeed. I admire people who create content, but I've done editing once for a car show video. 30 second commercial took me hours to produce and edit .... and rub is I didn't even do all the editing or filming. That said, hopefully there will be video of the 1st start of my Corvette.... but I hasten to add, I'm pretty sure no one cares about old, big motors with a holley and solid roller cam, so we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            no because I'd make Bad Obsession's build look like it's happening at lightspeed.
                            That's BS, you built a trailer in 6 weeks, most wouldn't even start and the rest would take at least double that time.

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            I admire people who create content, but I've done editing once for a car show video. 30 second commercial took me hours to produce and edit .... and rub is I didn't even do all the editing or filming.
                            I understand the creating content, it is a lot of work and some do have a flair for it. I side with you on that but also commend you for your build threads, they must take a bit of time.

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            That said, hopefully there will be video of the 1st start of my Corvette.... but I hasten to add, I'm pretty sure no one cares about old, big motors with a holley and solid roller cam, so we'll see.
                            Expecting that video any day now!

And more Al

Last edited by 65RHDEER; August 22, 2018, 11:05 PM.
                            Tim
                            Melbourne Australia

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post

That's BS, you built a trailer in 6 weeks, most wouldn't even start and the rest would take at least double that time.

Occasionally, in the background of my pictures, you will see a 50 Buick and a 79 Fiat Spider that would disagree with that assessment....also, back in an earlier time, I used to make extra money welding trailers together for a friend - was paid $100 to weld a car trailer together and it would be done in an 8 hour day.... granted he had a metalworker that made chopping stuff out far faster - but still, 6 weeks is pretty slow.
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 23, 2018, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X