• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is my day!

Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

almost an hour, but worth watching just for the butt connector stuff. I'm going to start using those - I cringed when he said he was going to use butt connectors, but the type he uses is far better then what is traditional around here.... coolness.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        almost an hour, but worth watching just for the butt connector stuff. I'm going to start using those - I cringed when he said he was going to use butt connectors, but the type he uses is far better then what is traditional around here.... coolness.
        I agree, the twist of the conductors and then the crimp looks a very solid connection.
        Tim
        Melbourne Australia

Comment

Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post

I agree, the twist of the conductors and then the crimp looks a very solid connection.
          and yet still flexible, I'm kind of surprised it's not in the NASA handbook... probably too new because delphi came out later then the book I have

Comment

Another week another Skid Factory, 1/2 an hour on a fuel injection upgrade.

Tim
            Melbourne Australia

Comment

And the main channel has a wrap up of the RB26 240Z build. Some very valid points from Moog.

Comment

Comment

This is going to be good, not sure how much they're actually going to do as all concerned have been very tight lipped about it.
                  The guy who owns the van previously built a turbo 1UZ Toyota Hilux, the new owner of that is in the process of turning it into a prerunner style truck.

Comment

It is a good one. It's funny, I'd never heard of Whitworth thread until I bought the italian lathe on Sunday.... then Al refers to whitworth. That was the 2nd time in my 51 years that I'd heard the term...

Comment

I'm not too sure about this one, all that work to put that motor into a Bedford van and what do have at the end, a way overpowered Bedford van only good for a drag strip.
                      Tim
                      Melbourne Australia

Comment

Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                        I'm not too sure about this one, all that work to put that motor into a Bedford van and what do have at the end, a way overpowered Bedford van only good for a drag strip.
                        I loved his description "going from an underpowered, unsafe van to a overpowered, unsafe van"
                        It does crack me up, in the comments on that video, most Aussies have a story about one of those vans.... thinking it hit a cord (albeit a dangerous one) with them.

Comment

Comment

that thing is going to be a mid-engine sports van.

Comment

No worse than most vans. Most COE style vans have the engine in a similar position from the factory, the guy who owns Cleveland exhaust, the Hoff, a couple of episodes ago has a small Mazda cabover pickup with a turbo 1UZ which is mounted behind the front crossmember. One of the guys that works for him has a Mitsubishi van with a 2JZ, with big single turbo, in a similar position. The problem with the Bedford is, it's a 5lb sack and they're trying to squeeze 15lbs of lump into it.
                              They were simply never designed for anything bigger than an OHV 4cyl, and the Barra 6 is a BIG lump. At least this one is going to be done properly, even given the numerous compromises Al has to do. Certainly better than some of the V8 conversions I've seen on them, scary is an understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                                Certainly better than some of the V8 conversions I've seen on them, scary is an understatement.
                                you know you've described about 75% of the vehicles I've built... .so what are you trying to say? ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X