Tube Bender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Bender

After a few days work here's the result....

My buddy David (Rack4U) lent me his roll bar tube bender - my aim is to rework the cage in Mutt so the seat can be placed in a more comfortable position and maybe I won't be the only person on Earth who can drive him. It's nice stuff but he'd been storing it in the shipping boxes which were getting pretty beat up. Besides, it you wanted to use it you would have to clear a spot on the bench which is never easy in my world. So I decided to invent a storage box/work bench combination and here it is.

A view with the bender and the notcher visible. Note the nifty home-brew hold-down brackets - I didn't want to drill the frame and everything is as delivered. Also shown is the holder for the jack handle. What may not show up is that I welded the jack handle into one piece so it doesn't come apart when using it (I hate that). Hope David doesn't mind.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1693.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	1176976

Here you can see the storage for the other shoes and rollers. If we decide to store the bender and notcher they can fit on the bottom shelf and the brackets and fasteners can bolt everything down there (I'll drill for that when needed).

Name:	IMG_1694.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	320.8 KB
ID:	1176977

ME thought we needed a shot of me posing with it. I love her anyway. The only thing of note in this shot is the little box for holding the assembly nuts and bolts when taking stuff apart. I was fooling around with the band saw and made a jig to do the box joints but it's only so-so. The roller base is the finest Harbor Freight has to offer and used to hold a Chevy six cylinder engine.

Name:	IMG_1695.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	1176978

Seems to be working.

Dan

Looks awesome, but where's the step so that you can use it? :D
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I am looking forward to the cage revamp tread! There is room for improvement on the bar in my mustang.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Actual use will come about after I finish the Volvo which is pretty close to being done.

Russell - bring the Mustang and some tube over and have at it!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Actual use will come about after I finish the Volvo which is pretty close to being done.

Russell - bring the Mustang and some tube over and have at it!

Dan
          You still farting around with that?
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Yep. Cancer treatments and other stuff got in the way but mostly I'm down to sorting out the tach - that has NOT been simple. Then I have lots of interior to reassemble and over to my buddy Dave's shop to sort the AC and some other enhancements.

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X