Redneck Yard Sweeper Ressurection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Now don't you wish you'd thrown that pizza also?
    YES. Oh hell yes. I had to get older and grumpier, but throwing that golf ball into the pool was a spiritual release. That felt good. It didn't do any good at all, but it felt good. That's all it accomplished, it felt good to me, that's all it was. It felt good.

Matt, I love you Man. Come see us, whenever you can.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Throw Kenny's turds in the pool next!

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
        Now I've got a lawyer question....I was out there driving Junior the Riding Mower in the back yard, out of Turn 12 down the hill into 13 (I make eveything be a road course) and Junior's blade hit something. It was very close to the outside A/C package - WHAP-POW! What the....I hit something, and it nailed the heck out of the A/C package.

Next lap around, there it was. A golf ball. A frickin golf ball. I walk the yard before I mow it, looking mostly for pine cones. Throw them out of the way. I really DID let the grass get high this time since the sweeper was down for repair, I never saw the golf ball in the grass.

And our very favorite neighbors, their kids have gotten a bit taller and the tallest one has been out there practicing golf shots in their yard. With real golf balls. As soon as I saw that going on, it was oh boy, there goes a window and I'll have to argue with the "adult" who won't talk, not a word. He either can't talk or he won't.

The lawnmower processed the golf ball and that thing hit the A/C package about 200 mph, maybe 3 feet later, however fast the lawnmower blade turns....just speculation, all is well. I couldn't even find a dent in the A/C package, but it made one heck of a noise on impact.

But here it comes....what IF that golf ball had gone through the window glass into Unit's media room, but it DID NOT, so all is well. But what if it DID, at 200 mph. What recourse would we have? Any?
        P-dub SBG (Aaron) Correct me if I am wrong, but, I believe that you would have to prove intent... that's a pretty tough egg to crack without getting him to admit it in a disposition or on a witness stand...
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

All the other attorney needs to do is raise doubt of negligence on the part of the mower operator and it's all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            negligence on the part of the mower operator....
            Negligence?!?!

Well, that pretty well does it. Yep, I'm a dumbshit for riding my own mower in my own yard and hit my neighbor's kid's play toy because I didn't see it in our own yard and it's my fault what happened because of it and .... well, yep. It's all my own fault. I did every dadgum bit of it to myself. How could I BE so dumb?

I should never have posted that video, they could sue me in California to get that golf ball back. But at least now there's evidence...they DO have it back.

*&^^%$#&^%$#@#$%^& They say you can't pick your neighbors. And they sure as heck didn't "pick" US. There's something real wrong with the system. The system needs redesign. I'm the perfect candidate to redesign the system, my work with tools and parts proves I can do system stuff. But it may take more days than hours, way over budget, and it won't be good-looking when I get through. Just sayin.

Comment

DB, I saw that post before you deleted it. I don't think there was anything wrong with it.

And RE our neighbors, some nudity would be a lot more interesting than it actually is, at least if it was female nudity. If y'all are going to cause such a headache, at least give us something to look at. As it stands, there's no return on the investment.

Comment

DB, I saw that post before you deleted it. I don't think there was anything wrong with it.
                Common occurrence ... if he didn't delete his posts, he'd probably be over 20,000 !

Comment

Common occurrence ... if he didn't delete his posts, he'd probably be over 20,000 !
                  HHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

I love DB. I want to meet that guy. Dan Stokes did. I want to do it too. A whole lot of real estate between here and there. Retirement looms, what to do? Go meet DB. It's not impossible.

Comment

Okay, I'll come clean. SBG noticed a little while back that I've been on edge, not quite myself, not that myself is very much notable.

Here's the deal. The real deal. The place where I work has (had) 700 employees. They're permanently shutting down about half of it, laying off 222 people. I'll find out on Monday if I'm one of them. 41 years later. I'm not at all concerned about me, we were ready to "go" anyhow, but I'm far more in thought about the other 221 folks. This is a bum deal, a sign of the times, inevitable, unavoidable, nearly predictable. I hoped I would finish my career without having to "see" the implosion from the front row, but I didn't quite make it. Nearly did, on the big scale, but not quite.

Comment

After posting, then reading, seeing it added nothing.. Or made me sound like a blowhard... Bleep, delete..

Comment

Okay, I'll come clean. SBG noticed a little while back that I've been on edge, not quite myself, not that myself is very much notable.

Here's the deal. The real deal. The place where I work has (had) 700 employees. They're permanently shutting down about half of it, laying off 222 people. I'll find out on Monday if I'm one of them. 41 years later. I'm not at all concerned about me, we were ready to "go" anyhow, but I'm far more in thought about the other 221 folks. This is a bum deal, a sign of the times, inevitable, unavoidable, nearly predictable. I hoped I would finish my career without having to "see" the implosion from the front row, but I didn't quite make it. Nearly did, on the big scale, but not quite.
                        As the Tin Man said, "Now I know I have a heart because it's breaking." It sucks that you have to see this happen and sadly you'll probably have to be one of the people to break it to those who are going. What a shitty job. Know we all care.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                          P-dub SBG (Aaron) Correct me if I am wrong, but, I believe that you would have to prove intent... that's a pretty tough egg to crack without getting him to admit it in a disposition or on a witness stand...

Intent? conspiracy to cause golf? the term you're looking for is proximate cause. The case that explains it is kind of fun. In the 1800s Railroads made a great deal of money by transporting stuff. Any stuff, including dynamite. Of course, being wise and eco-conscious, they transported that dynamite on the ends of the passenger train. Nice, safe, away from 1st and 2nd class. No one cared about 3rd class or the mail.... no problem.

Well, except one. They unloaded it on the same platform as all manner of passengers, including 1st class ones. Ones who could sue if bad juju happened (juju is the technical, lawyer word for injured client with money).

So it happened, someone dropped the dynamite, it went boom on one end of the platform and on the other end was a scale... that fell over and injured a 1st class passenger who was female.

The RR defended on the "who could have seen that coming" the court said "you squished a lady and we'll come up with a clever way to make you pay." Proximate cause is that way. Proximate cause says that if you're transporting dynamite, that any injury due to it going off is going to be your fault no matter how remote that chain is that caused the injury (don't confuse strict liability with this - that cause includes a toasted driver of another car) - but most importantly, the cause of the chain of events doesn't even have to be foreseeable. Many times strict liability is argued in the same cases because it's usually something that bites or goes boom that causes the damage.

Thus, throwing golf balls into your yard, which could get picked up by the mower and thrown into the ac unit (which is far better then into the sue unit) could be actionable. Of course, golf balls aren't inherently dangerous - so the level of care required by the golf ball operator could be mitigated or completely erased by the negligence of the mower operator who failed to check his yard for hazards (most especially if there was a sue unit injury).
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 19, 2017, 07:44 PM.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

All the other attorney needs to do is raise doubt of negligence on the part of the mower operator and it's all over.

depends on the state. State law determines the level of contribution. Some states as long as you can move the opinion to 51% either way, you get fully repaid. Some states reduce the award by the part of the contribution to the act. Some States, Washington, nutty Washington, for instance lets you collect even if you're 99% at fault. So, if it's $100 worth of damage, you get a $1 award.

Comment

that sucks. sorry man.

Comment

Now the neighbor has two golf balls in the bottom of the pool. I wonder how many I'll have to throw back over there until the drain in the deep end is clogged with golf balls? It won't matter to him, his elderly dad will hire somebody to come over and figure out why the pool is not acting right. It's fun throwing them in though.
                                Last edited by pdub; August 21, 2017, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X