Striking out Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striking out Lately

I don't know maybe the cosmos aren't aligned lately but does anyone else having issues with getting projects on your cars done?
    The fuel tank job for the 72 is now canceled cause the tank isn't right and neither is the sending unit so it got returned today at work, I pumped out 3 gallons on water out of the tank so that also explains why she was running back the last time I had her out and to think that gas station was just built
    "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

I delayed a rear end structure weld for.. 8 months.
    paying for insurance, reg fees etc, sitting in a public housing parking lot through a long winter.. a 30 inch snowstorm included.

finally got it done. Added a thousand miles within weeks just to feel better.

A neighbor approaching just to talk of my tin can was the first curious person ever...
    20 years of driving a one of none subaru category..

I hope you all stay patient in your real american stuff. Much more rewarding.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
      I delayed a rear end structure weld for.. 8 months.
      paying for insurance, reg fees etc, sitting in a public housing parking lot through a long winter.. a 30 inch snowstorm included.

finally got it done. Added a thousand miles within weeks just to feel better.

A neighbor approaching just to talk of my tin can was the first curious person ever...
      20 years of driving a one of none subaru category..

I hope you all stay patient in your real american stuff. Much more rewarding.

I'm trying,but I'm just fed up with nothing seems to be working out . Playing this repeat game that's been going on for months with any projects I try to start either it be the car or in the house. Both my parents seem to be in la-la land when it comes to doing anything now and I don't want to fall into that trap and do not want to become them with this "If it's not broke, don't fix it till it really breaks" mentality.
      "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

​It's taking me forever to get my S10 project done . I feel like I'm only half done. Yes the engine, clutch, trans, drive shaft, and headers are in but, I still have to figure all the wiring and plumbing and bracketry . Yesterday I only got only a wore out rocker replaced .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

There are cars I built when I was 20, and cars I build now... you have to learn to move forward otherwise it's just complaining about your car payment.... to draw that out a bit, you have to go through the process to learn. Not only that, but if you swing for the fences, you're going to miss a lot. Of course, there are some who do not have the nuts to work on old cars - for them there's this thing called car payments. With that said, I had to sit down with my wife once and explain to her that buying a used car can save money but there are lots of times when it really doesn't save money because what you saved in the purchase you spent in the fixing. A couple days ago she told me that she really likes having a car that is hers - not something that came from a dealership.... that is an about-face from when we met - but it's like the rest, learning what level of trouble you're willing to stand.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I haven't had a car payment in well over 20 years . But its not that great when the parts store people actually now know you . To be fair I generally have 5 cars that I am resposible to keep running . Though as kids get older I am whittling that down .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'm doing pretty good lately getting things done. I'm driving more than I'm fixing which is a plus. I have a few electives coming up for when it cools off a bit, but I have everything ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  I haven't had a car payment in well over 20 years . But its not that great when the parts store people actually now know you . To be fair I generally have 5 cars that I am resposible to keep running . Though as kids get older I am whittling that down .

ya know, if you'd not had the car payments, you'd probably only have 2 maybe 3 cars to keep running now
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Trust me , I have been reevaluating the new car payment for the wife's next vehicle. The vette is a toy so I don't mind tinkering with it . My daily driver I will expect some work every now and then but keeping everything working as new ( like air ) on her car ( which is the family people mover , it may be time to get something new . When the next big repair comes up after getting the airconditioner fixed .
                    Last edited by Dan Barlow; August 16, 2017, 07:27 AM.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                    X