Imgur following Photobucket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imgur following Photobucket?

On some other forums I have heard rumblings to the effect that Imgur is following Photobucket's lead in regard to 3rd party hosting.

Anyone seen this? Confirm or deny?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

IMGUR user here...... haven't heard anything yet. But the whole world is going stupid, so you never know.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I have only one comment on this topic........ DUhhhhhh.....

Dan

Comment

Sometimes it pays to not be tech smart . I just stick mine up from my files on my phone . They are only thumbnails but those that want can click on them and they enlarge . And they are there forever . I think .
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; August 29, 2017, 02:32 PM.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

They all are. It costs money to host, and most of these companies feel they should make a profit... what's funny to me is those moving to other platforms - it's a temporary measure because those platforms will start charging too.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
            Sometimes it pays to not be tech smart . I just stick time up from my files on my phone . They are onlybthumbnails but those that want can click on the and they enlarge . And they are there forever . I think .
            I'm not tech smart but I found on my tablet ( got it free ) that I can post full-size pic's. Haven't a clue why, I use the same procedure because their both off my cellphone account.
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I CANNOT POST PICS! No matter..
              My next phone in amonth SHOULD solve that problem.. IPad needs updating, no computer to save pics to to be able to update.. Phone is a iPhone 4!!
              Next one is gonna be a flippin 7S!

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                I have heard rumblings to the effect that Imgur is following Photobucket's lead in regard to 3rd party hosting.
                Then I'm glad I didn't set-up an account and start uploading my pics yet.

Comment

I've switched to Postimage. I've downloaded all my stuff or at least stuff I want to keep from Phototransom.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I don't have a clue what ya'll talking about.....guess I'll just get me another beer!
                    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

For those that havent seen it yet- There is a new add-on for firefox and Chrome that words around photobuckets 'third party redline' images, bringing back the original picture.
                      Local person
                      sigpic

Comment

Got a link to that add-on?
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...d-fix/?src=api

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj
                          Local person
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X