AINT SAFE NOWHERE NOMORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AINT SAFE NOWHERE NOMORE

ain't gonna make me a recluse... But WTH?

How sad .. what a tragedy.

Comment

Makes no since, more proof of how our country has declined.....no value for life.
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

The artical on the front page makes it sound like warring gangs from Chicago and Wisconsin. Not much you can do about that .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
          The artical on the front page makes it sound like warring gangs from Chicago and Wisconsin. Not much you can do about that .
          it must be something like that. Drugs etc.

not many target a racing journal, with rage.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

And GLD is a Drag Week track this year.
            GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss View Post
              And GLD is a Drag Week track this year.
              Did not know THAT! Auto sports in general have been pretty safe.
              Hope this is the last of that crap..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Did not know THAT! Auto sports in general have been pretty safe.
                Hope this is the last of that crap..
                Why they took that crap to a racing venue is anybody's guess I guess.

But I'll wax philosophical and suggest that across the board, in our county at least, for every thousand people there may be actually one really bad hurt-you person, by numbers. Across the board, of course the ratio by numbers will differ significantly depending upon which neighborhood you're in, and I'm making the numbers up anyhow, just by how it feels.

And if we let that one person make any of us afraid to go and do what we want and love to do, then that one person and those others like that have won. Overall win, their "bad" mission accomplished, and they do not deserve that amount of consideration in day-to-day life, by numbers alone. Just sayin.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The answer anymore seems violence and more of it!!
                  people seem more ready to kill-maim than ever before..

Saw a meme, where a gal on a 1960's phone says, " I better hang up, we might be wire tapped"
                  Where the gal on 2017 phone says, "Hey wire tapper, do you know a good pancake recipe?"

Comment

I think it was '82 or so, in the pits at Islip Speedway one night we hear a loud POP, but didn't think much of it. It turns out there was a pit crew scuffle and one of the members on one team (a cop..) takes a shot at someone on the other team. It was hushed up and the offending person was hustled off the property quickly.

Comment

I never can figure out if we have more of this kind of stuff these days or if it is just that we hear more about it when it does happen than we did back in the day. Nonetheless it is senseless, regrettable and unacceptable. Of course the next question is have we come to just accepting it all?

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                        I never can figure out if we have more of this kind of stuff these days or if it is just that we hear more about it when it does happen than we did back in the day. Nonetheless it is senseless, regrettable and unacceptable. Of course the next question is have we come to just accepting it all?
                        JR, I think it's all that you said. But that's just my one opinion in total agreement, of all the elements you stated. We see it immediately. Everybody's got cameras, the media loves it, it gets sensationalized wherever it happened, minutes afterward.

Accepting it? We don't have to. What are we "accepting?" The fact that it happens, or the fact that we are now exposed to it so much, even if it happens a thousand miles away, so we feel like it could happen right in front of us, even if it didn't.

Not to derail the discussion, but watch and read the news these days, now the media is red-hot onto female teachers having sex with their young male students. That's what they're promoting now. They're all over it, a new episode every day. I can nearly see it, the meeting in the news room in the morning...."We need another story about a teacher and a student, the sex thing. That's big, we need to find another one."

Okay. Whatever. That's hot but it will wear off when everybody gets tired of it. I'm tired of it already.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I think/believe its additives in food, overuse of "anti-psychotic" drugs and stuff like that!
                          Proof it is crap like hormones added to food? Look at all those babyfaced girls with 18 year old bodies!
                          Too many cannot handle life disapointments" that they get given a pill that makes it worse. Read the side effects. Alot say "may cause suicidal thoughts" huh? Suicide better than being disapointed?
                          What happened to "Man up"??
                          No manners? Not taught manners or not made to mind.. Oh. Johnny is AUTISTIC bull! That is a slight to those that really are! Yes unfortunately some kids are, but there are those who are labeled as such that are merely brats..

Something's wrong when the answer is a bullet or a run over..

Comment

Working...
                          X