AMP - This One Is Gonna Be Different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMP - This One Is Gonna Be Different

We're positioned in Dawsonville, AMP track run tomorrow. Only now have I studied the run schedule for content,the Intermediate Solo group.can take passengers (as in Sue Unit). after lunch.

This time for whatever reason the I (Intermediate Solo) group gets two runs before lunch. Then, after lunch we in the "I" group, here's the twist...For the rest of the day after lunch the I group is on the track at the same time with the Beginner group.

We're gonna pass a whole lot of cars with Red's new blower after lunch. Just sayin, just expecting.

I won't post any photos or videos or anything about it after we get home, I'll just shut up about it. Nobody wants to see anything like that anyhow. But it'll sure be fun. Just sayin.

Unit's already saying, "Get Up ON HIM!" I do believe this time we'll be able to.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I never said I didn't wanna hear about it!!!!
    Last edited by silver_bullet; March 31, 2017, 05:37 PM.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      Inever said I didn't wanna hear about it!!!!
      Patrick, that was bait, I was waiting for Steve to say I would be banned if I didn't post some coverage, but you beat him to it. This will be one of the most fun outings anybody could ever have, barring unforeseen trouble. Film at eleven tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Patrick, that was bait, I was waiting for Steve to say I would be banned if I didn't post some coverage, but you beat him to it. This will be one of the most fun outings anybody could ever have, barring unforeseen trouble. Film at eleven tomorrow.
        I would mention that you are a master at it, but this is a family forum...(thanking God tor that...)
        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I would mention that you are a master at it, but this is a family forum...(thanking God tor that...)
          Wee are just so lucky to be able to do it. First and for sure, I never thought I'd live so long, and I never thought I'd ever be able to do stuff that was so much fun. Just sayin. That's what it is.

More tomorrow after the fact. Gosh, the track stuff is too much fun, and I didn't get into it until maybe way too late in life but I had to live so long to get to a point to where I COULD do it. Just sayin.

Comment

Hold the reins tight my friend!!
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

peewee I'm so jelious of the good times your having! This weekend is only going to entail wrenching for me?

Comment

Have a good time, P! (Sue, too)
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

The run group for coaches is designated as "C". Hence Tire Crack, Unit noticed this parked right beside us.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000849.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	1152263

Another early departure for us, like deja vu all over again. Busted the right rear SSBC brake caliper seal AGAIN, same one. Glazed and ruined the rotor AGAIN, Red'll be down for some more weeks waiting for parts, particularly the rotor.

I got three runs in before it went south on us, Unit got one run, they don't allow passengers with "I" group drivers until after lunch. She got a ride on the track with the blower, which really is a whole new deal to learn. Yeah, that IS fun.

Red's fuel gauge has gone crazy, craziER. This time I was actually losing fuel pickup about a third of the way into the second run, when all the fuel sloshed over to the passenger side on the endless long curve.

We cancelled our upcoming Road Atlanta gig. We've got some more waiting and fixing to do. Video of Sue's Red ride on the track when we get home tomorrow.

Trying to race is a risk, and a risk, and it is also a risk. It doesn't go perfectly every time.

Comment

Sorry to hear it but there is a solution and we will find it, it's what we do!!
                    PM sent
                    Last edited by corvettedad; April 1, 2017, 05:55 PM.
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Why that one? Bad axle bearing making the tire not ride off the solid mounted pad?
                      That is a strange one...

Comment

Bummer .. all than preparation, time, money and energy made null & void by a seal. No wonder those Eskimo's beat them with a stick !

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          Why that one? Bad axle bearing making the tire not ride off the solid mounted pad?
                          That is a strange one...
                          that's what I was wondering????there must be some reason for that failure...brake dragging? Usually this is caused by someone riding the brakes or two-footing them...I can't see that with P-dub...he knows better... may have to set up rear brake cooling ducts Ala Shelby, I'm at a loss...
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

that's what I was wondering????there must be some reason for that failure...brake dragging? Usually this is caused by someone riding the brakes or two-footing them...I can't see that with P-dub...he knows better... may have to set up rear brake cooling ducts Ala Shelby, I'm at a loss...
                            He did say there was a "rattle" on tracks but not the road... I really would not know..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

He did say there was a "rattle" on tracks but not the road... I really would not know..
                              That rattle is a loose tidbit of something inside the unibody. It can and it DOES travel and dance and rattle the entire width of the car, back and forth depending on left or right-had curve with lots of lateral Gs.

I want to spell the brake issue out for thoughts and ideas but I've got a lot of getting home to do out in the garage. Later on today, would rather work than type right this minute. And that'll be lots of thought and remembering and typing.

Comment

Working...
                              X