X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow trucks don't float

This was beyond funny to listen to
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

What's so funny about hearing guys from Alabama just talk about something? That's just the way it is, hell far we can tell y'all sumpthin If you Yankiefied folk would just have enough ignorance to listen!

The interesting thing, that IS interesting.. from what they told us and what they showed, there's no way to tell which way the tow truck was oriented in the water originally. The said they used some bags to orient it, and the video showed them dragging it out as though it went straight in. And as Mister Man pointed out, the current could have taken it anywhere over time.

Yep, that's a mystery alright. What the heck happened?!?!? That's a good one right there, a great mystery.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I think it is fairly obvious , probably an aggressive towing company, they probably stole the wrong persons car and held it for randsom (towing and storage fees) and someone gave them a taste of their own medicine .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

That's got insurance job written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
          That's got insurance job written all over it.

yeah but, can you imagine the phone call from the boater that hit the truck.

No really, I hit... no, I'm not drinking... seriously, I hit.... no, I don't take drugs.... I hit... no, I was on the water.... no, I wasn't drinking then either....
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Man.....now that's a shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good tow truck like that.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

yeah but, can you imagine the phone call from the boater that hit the truck.

No really, I hit... no, I'm not drinking... seriously, I hit.... no, I don't take drugs.... I hit... no, I was on the water.... no, I wasn't drinking then either....
              A guy I used to work with told me stories about 'disposing' of and 'warrantying' equipment...

One of those stories... Furd had cylinder head issues with 6.9L diesel motors in the mid 80's, and started transitioning to 7.3 motors around 87. If you had a 6.9L truck (with a specific production date) you could take it into Furd and they'd swap a 'new' 7.3L in it's place, but only if the whole motor was junk. If it wasn't it simply got a new set of heads. This guy worked for an equipment company, and they had a fleet of 6.9L tow trucks (most with the correct production dates) on their lot with no buyers because everyone knew about the cylinder head issues. The solution, blow the motors up and get 7.3's installed to make the trucks saleable. It worked, and they sold off most of the trucks. After Furd quit fixing them some of the remaining trucks that still had 6.9's or didn't sell evaporated into thin air...

Comment

Working...
              X