No announcement yet.

New Pack Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the new family member. Both of our pooches are rescues. My buddy in Pawley's Island always got standard poodles but when they passed he picked up Sadie. A little mix how's just the sweetest thing and recently a Schnauzer who was abused but is coming around.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

With a heavy heart we decided to take him back. This IS NOT easy but he really didn't want to be with us and the biting was the final straw. Never had a poodle like this before and there's no telling how he got this way - he was picked up off the street.

Carolina Poodle Rescue is a no-kill shelter and they say they'll try to work with him and see if they can get him past this. I know it can be done but we decided that we just don't want to deal with this (not my normal modus operandi (sp?)) but in the situation the best we can do. The little guy has some great features (he's a great snuggler, he's good in the car, he doesn't bark much at all) but for us the biting had to be the end of it. We really hope he can come around and find a forever home where he can be happy following his rehab.

Tom - all of our Standards have been rescues and I'm a real advocate. But some have issues that one has to think carefully before taking on.

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; January 11, 2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Bummer, but this late in the game of life, it is not worth suffering with a worrisome pet..
        May your next find be a perfect prince or princess!

Comment

Maybe his problem is the big black dog that already owned the place . This possibly made him nervous . Mybe he will be ok as a solo dog .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
          X