No announcement yet.

Matt's Duramax Rebuild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know, I drove with a coworker who had the monster jeep pickup, looked like military..
    converted to sbc. 4000 rpm was like 55 mph.
    couldn't really call that a jeep. Dana this, chevy that.. transfer was some old cast iron monster.

I am with beagle about the drivetrains being big enough for chevy..and still feeling off. I deciphered the C-rails with some spring threads found in the rail..and what I would swear were weight limiters (terrible).
    my 1974 Ford never wiggled.

I still do chevy anyway.

the personal story with this duramax. I don't know as I would have gone near it again...
    but we all learn. the truck I have now may have had a dead man for all I know...
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Super , I see you did some editing on your last post but as a G.M. guy , that last paragraph still isn't making sense . I think I know what you mean but im not seeing it .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

fixited
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Tonight Matt stopped over in the Duramax truck. It's pretty much done sans a few minor details.
          We went for a ride... The new trans shifts great, it feels like a different truck, nothing like the old one...

I took some pics of it, they're not the greatest but they showcase the YUGE bumpers, winch, and cowl hood..

Old truck pic for comparison...

I'll take more pics after it's buffed out.. On a nice sunny day. The truck turned out fantastic.

I've very happy for Matt. He put a lot of long days/night and hard work into this thing...

Comment

looks great... but toe stripes?

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                looks great... but toe stripes?
                I thought the same thing. It's his truck...

Comment

I'm not dissing it - it gave me a chuckle and I figured I'd share. Maybe that's where the swimsuit model puts her feet?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    I'm not dissing it - it gave me a chuckle and I figured I'd share. Maybe that's where the swimsuit model puts her feet?
                    I think when he was messing around with stripes he came up with uhhhhh, toes... Yeah
                    It don't look bad in person, and you don't notice it unless you're on your 'toes' looking at it.
                    Oh, about the winch, it's a mish-mosh of Warn, Ramsey, and Meyer plow pump motor parts.
                    The winch was a pile of crap and a box of parts when he started. It works better than new now.

Comment

I want to see the tree that's big enough to get that truck out

Comment

Man those are SOME bumpers !
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                        X