The Piggly Wiggly Incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Piggly Wiggly Incident

It's amazing, the best food in town around the paper mill is at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store. It sure is. They've got a hot bar, dishing it out. For cheap. Edible.

I ended up in line yesterday behind a security guard and another mill employee. It was a paper mill reunion, right there at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store.

Billy the guard was ready to check out with his styrofoam plate in tow. He's about as old as I am and he has a big tattoo on his forearm that is so old it's faded into oblivion. Just ink.

The lady behind the counter, she's real tall and big and funny as hell. She's a riot. She looks a whole lot like Aunt Jemima. She's a hoot.

Billy said, "And I want a Sprite from that cooler over there." The lady said, "Well, you better go get one, you can't BUY it if I can't SCAN it!"

So the two of us were catcalling at Billy, "Come on Billy, you're holding up the line!" I told the lady, when he gets back with the Sprite, just scan his tattoo, it'll ring up turkey necks.

The paper mill guy in front of me, he was staring at Billy's arm after Billy got back to the counter with the Sprite. And then he started laughing. He couldn't stop laughing. And then I couldn't stop laughing at him laughing so hard.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

We don't have Piggly Wigglys here in Wilmington. Across the Cape Fear river in Leland they do - go figure. So I guess I'll have to go across the river if I want fun Piggly Wiggly stories.

HEY! I just figured it out! You and the store are both PW! Probably a family connection (I'd accuse Peewee of BEING Piggly Wiggly but he's just a scrawny little fella - PW, not the pig.)

Dan

Comment

the little familiar store.
      There is one here in this little town.
      the only store in it.
      I remember going there on a bicycle.
      I remember falsely accused for a fish hook damn near stuck on my underwear and pants.
      I went to the point of crying before they figured it out.

first time ever having a beer needed food to get rid of that drunk feeling.
      I went to the only little store with friends.
      a lot of times for laughing too.
      I stopped in while military uniformed..
      a lot of my vehicles saw the parking lot since 1987.

survives maine collapses.
      it seemed tight then, we all knew weirdo coming through.. but they always knew to just be passing through.
      This urban renewal building I am in, used to be where the town hall was. We played basketball in it.
      I think I need to leave for what it gathered..a neighbor seems to be above police and real complaints.
      that makes me sad again.

if this town needs to keep the mean gene hanson, I can leave.

of course NYC used to be a farm, the rare spots in america that could grow something, like CT, RI, and MA...
      just age with wisdom and happy humping.

we are all going to die to a fermented gut albino bald man that does not care about health anyway.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 14, 2016, 07:04 AM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

My wife thought piggly wiggly was made up from some movie
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
        X