Remember Suck Squeeze Bang Blow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
    Oh, we are freshening the Dart 363 Windsor that came out of the Roadkill Rauncharo right now for.a future episode. Just tore down to bare block, will be ready to run over Thanksgiving weekend.
    looking forward to the postmortem on that mill, it sure didn't live long. DF the perfectionist - uh, is that sarcasm or does he not watch his own shows? hah.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Just watched it. I like the format and look forward to some other episodes.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Next episode

Tim
        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

great show...
          except , even I, the one just getting a multiport injected v8 this 2015...for the first time ever since 1987..

would even think of defending the carb at that level ever again...and I built my own, all the way to progressive port rocket science.

injection is in. I hope the prices drop.

there is hacks for that as well..just put the hot rod brands away and build your own.
          they could at least go with the big climate change speech and promote carbs as historic restomod items only. Be heroes of the real world.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

pretty good episode. It's an interesting concept, using an engine that only came with EFI to compare carb and EFI for the home builder. Of couse they didn't get into the fun part of EFI conversions, which is the fuel system...it's easy on a dyno, not so easy on the real cars that guys are building.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Episode 3, watch for the chevy 383 make power while it's not even running!

Tim
              Melbourne Australia

Comment

That Blueprint 383 that took on Steves bumped up 383 looks to be a perfect replacement in a L98 Vette or 3rd gen Fbody with all that torque below 4600 where unless you have those bigger aftermarket runners you'll run out of air . And I'm a bit of a chicken and don't generally run mine past 5000 very often anyway . Would be a great autocross motor.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                  That Blueprint 383 that took on Steves bumped up 383 looks to be a perfect replacement in a L98 Vette or 3rd gen Fbody with all that torque below 4600 where unless you have those bigger aftermarket runners you'll run out of air . And I'm a bit of a chicken and don't generally run mine past 5000 very often anyway . Would be a great autocross motor.

a guru knows the counterbalance should not go much past 4500 anyway.
                  good conscience.

The original hemi is a prophetic favorite. The dodge did not come back, but chevy revived with the first gen vortec heads.

now everything is big if to find it..but as far as evolving, gm is the winner.

I noticed blueprint has 2 version of the sbc. the wet sleeve is thumbs up from me.. I have declared it a dream engine.
                  I stay with 305 sbc for the wet sleeve by factory. (I killed 3 of the 350).. and I do LOVE those vortec heads.
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 30, 2015, 01:31 PM.
                  Previously boxer3main

Comment

I liked this one - that's what I was hoping to see. How many folks actually build a 383 Mopar? Maybe more now! Neat stuff.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Or maybe more will swap over to the lighter block . You know , the head honcho wants to. .......oh never mind .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Exhaust Header Bash! Testing Power Loss From Dents - Engine Masters Ep. 4

Last edited by malc; January 13, 2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

great show, a myth buster.
                          it should have gained on the first left bash, and it did..(only because of carbs liking the driver side too much)
                          ..and you can buy them pre-dented.

one thing shameful about dynos is the long run, high rpm, like straightaways. Wild stabs for seconds does not do a header justice.That is where the left steering dent only and no other pipe should emerge as the winner. Right bank keeping fed for the long scream.
                          I won't say where I learned it or who taught me..but they were right on all along.

more than 50 years old.. the dented carb tune on a header.
                          Previously boxer3main

Comment

What happens if you run with no headers, just open exhaust ports?

Comment

I would have like to have seen how much you can crush just one tube before in makes a real difference.
                              Tim
                              Melbourne Australia

Comment

Originally posted by Whelk View Post
                                What happens if you run with no headers, just open exhaust ports?
                                Burn your valves.. You need minimipum 6 inches not to burn the valves..
                                You can go thru 4-8 derbys (20-40 min of screaming) with a 4-6 inch pipe past your manifold..
                                Was always told not to run just manifolds. When I did I burned my valves

Comment

Working...
                                X