No announcement yet.

What's Your Weather Like Today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here in the southwest parts of the country we are having incredible weather. Lake Havasu City along the Colorado River should continue in the low 70's. Yesterday was a great day touring around old Route 66 through Amboy and Essex areas and the old town of Goff in the Z06.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

• Cold as hell..............Currently in the Big Easy it's 21 degs, high today 41 degs, low tonight 25 degs, partly cloudy...wind chill feels like 11degs, is this a nightmare or did I somehow move to the frozen tundra?
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Ours has been a lot like Big Dave's the past couple of days and it looks like it'll continue for a week or more. There's even talk of (GASP) snow on Thursday. I didn't move here for this crap.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

from my perspective, once it gets below 20*, there is little noticeable difference as it gets colder. -15* feels the same as 10* to me..........hot chocolate time!!
          My teeth never chattered because of cold untill I was 19 in Iowa, mother in law to be asked to take my coat and I said "NO! She recoiled..
          Guess folks get used to it.. My army coat was never bundled up so tight before!

Comment

• The news is talking about the possibility of snow flurries in Central Florida !

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
              The news is talking about the possibility of snow flurries in Central Florida !
              Steve, here's what you can look for, based on experience. They'll close the schools and there will be a huge run on milk and bread at all the stores, they'll be swamped and sell out. Trust me on this one. I've seen it, over and over.

Wait....Florida.....never mind. I don't know what will happen in Florida.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• 9 day average is zero where I am.
                this severe cold started on dec 24.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9days.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	1185164
                this town is about ten miles away.. I am assuming a building or two is gaining on the difference of 3 degrees or so..

the real low is -24F
                my thermometer coincides with the little store about 300 feet from here.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• 90% of USA did not hit 32* on Jan 1st...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    90% of USA did not hit 32* on Jan 1st...
                    blame the super moon... and hondas.

I'll be on a plane to florida in coming days. the cold spell they get a whiff of is gone by the time I get there.

highs near 80, lows near 60.

I did not think I could fly anymore, I am a tortured crew chief.
                    60 below millimeters away, 200F at my head and 60 below at my feet.
                    50000 feet and 550mph..
                    I was done.

I was climbing fast inside the prudential building elevator and that familiar pressure change to height kicked in...

I bought the plane ticket that evening.. I knew I was good to go.
                    it has been 21 years.
                    my last flight disabled me for life.
                    Previously boxer3main

Comment

• WTF, is Mother Nature on bath salts? I've got frost on my asscheeks and we've got water mains breaking in town. Cold weather is one thing...it's January, it's to be expected. But at least give me some snow to let my mind comprehend it. It was sunny and clear as a bell today, but shrinkage was at dramatic new levels.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post
                        WTF, is Mother Nature on bath salts? I've got frost on my asscheeks and we've got water mains breaking in town. Cold weather is one thing...it's January, it's to be expected. But at least give me some snow to let my mind comprehend it. It was sunny and clear as a bell today, but shrinkage was at dramatic new levels.
                        Merely normal here in OR and WA! That's what you get for moving!

Comment

• pretty weak when the weatherman speaks of a warming trend - i.e. 15 above zero - almost toasty.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

• It's terrible here. 30 degrees and sunny, supposed to get to 45 later. I hear the east coast may not survive.... meh
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post
                              WTF, is Mother Nature on bath salts? I've got frost on my asscheeks and we've got water mains breaking in town. Cold weather is one thing...it's January, it's to be expected. But at least give me some snow to let my mind comprehend it. It was sunny and clear as a bell today, but shrinkage was at dramatic new levels.
                              we'll be getting the snow.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	blzrdwrning.JPG Views:	1 Size:	275.5 KB ID:	1185237

I am in a real sweet spot.

supposed to be a break today, high of 20.
                              going to take advantage and see if the old subaru will start.
                              I'd like to leave it there all winter, covered in snow..

in just 9 days it has had more than 1 of deep freeze.. -24F is on my thermometer memory.
                              Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 3, 2018, 08:59 AM.
                              Previously boxer3main

Comment

• It's -2 right now and actually it's not that bad out, well compared to last week with the -50 wind chill we had. I'll probably take advantage of the nice weather later and get a few outside projects finished that i've been putting off for a few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X