No announcement yet.

What's Your Weather Like Today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woke up to a nice soaking rain this morning & a break from the triple-digit temps later in the day. Forecast is back to them for the rest of the week though.
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• After four feels like triple digit days, a tornado warning while I am waiting to punch out...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• warmest day yet.. did not hit 90.
        Just nice.
        I remember why there is cults and clans around little cars in weather like this.

I still come to my senses with a 70 mile common loop inmy truck. the tach reading low on long legs and 6 feet tall.
        I am making peace with my subaru, and lettiing it go safely. Finishing up driveline chores tomorrow.

hard to believe this same place and roads in january.. some people even erase their own memory, as if it is a trauma.
        laughing their way through july, like an addictive to a high.

I saw a honda civic, beyond the lagrange maine exit.. traffic drops right off. a home made truck is a sight before a 13 inch wheeled honda with Mass plates.
        Dare devil I presume.

A moose ripped a roof off an accord,near an exit I often take....
        not long ago. last week.

anyway, enjoy the weather, it is for tourists and summer rallies.
        like bugs that go away in the winter..
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	105 #1.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	1167753
          Click image for larger version

Name:	105 #2.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	1167754

Just went past again at 10:30 PM & it was only down to 93*. It was so brutal today with the super high humidity that even I went into the AC for awhile this afternoon. You can hear the corn growing tonight.

Comment

• It's been humid,but looks like tonight we had a break in the weather up here. As of right now, I got thunderstorms coming in for the next few days so work on the car is postponed.
            "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

• Old pilot's adage: "Whether it's cold or whether it's hot, there will be weather, whether or not!"
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; July 23, 2017, 08:08 PM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Funny you should bring that up, Ed. I just happened to be talking to a couple of my cousins today about the NHRA event at St. Louis being cancelled this weekend. Too hot to race there. They race, were ready to go & highly disappointed this weekend. I pointed out that on our flightline there was no limitation for "too hot" to be out there working. The "too cold" used to be -35* which we never reached. That finally got changed from ambient temp to "with wind chill" & we might hit that once or twice in a winter. If it didn't interfere with the flying schedule that is.

Comment

• Same as yesterday and the day b4 that and the day b4 that etc.........hot, humid and afternoon thunder storms. The price one pays for living in paradise!
                  Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                  The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• 64 & cloudy on the Island. We had about 2" of rain over the last few days. It would be a nice day to sort out the garage or pull weeds. We needed the break from the 90-98 stretch we were on.

Comment

• 71° and partly cloudy right now with afternoon thunderstorms. High of 91° with winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph and 60% chance of rain.

Comment

• 73* currently high 88 / low 75, partly cloudy 15% chance of rain

Comment

• 71 and freaking beautiful out, waiting for the 72's gas tank to show up and then start that job tomorrow.
                          "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

• Today in the Big Easy....76 degs currently (6:35 AM) high today 88 degs low 75 degs, partly cloudy, humidity 96% and of course watching the tropics this time of the year for storms / hurricanes....just another day in paradise.

Comment

• 75° and Sunny right now. Partly cloudy early followed by scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. High of 90° with winds at 5 to 10 mph and 60% chance of rain. Looking forward to Fall ...

Comment

• In the Big Easy currently 73 deg, High 93 deg, low 76 deg, partly cloudy with afternoon thunderstorms, typical for this time of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X