2013 NERR "Green and White Tour"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 NERR "Green and White Tour"

We're now just one month removed from our very sucessful 2012 trip and the planning in now fully underway for next year's trip.

As always, the full details will come out on NERR's website/forum before they are passed along here, or to any other forums, but I just wanted to let everyone know that they are starting to take shape already. I think the title to this thread gives a big enough hint as to the areas that we will be heading in 2013.

I'm hoping to be able to give people a rough outline sometime around Thanksgiving.

I can say, for those people that like to start the trip a day early, I'm already trying to put together a short mountain-top drive and a visit to a small metal fabrication/hot rod shop on Friday, before we get to our hotel/kickoff destination.

See you all in 11 months!!!!
    1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
    2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
    2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Still a long way to go, but the route is really starting to shape up.

We will be kicking off in the southern area of Vermont before heading north through the Green Mountain National Forest. From there we will be crossing over into New Hampshire and along the White Mountain National Forest before heading back into Vermont somewhere along the upper part of the state and ending up near the New York state line.

Just have to work out all the lodging details and our points of interest stops, before the route can be finalized.

See you all in 10 more months!!!

Comment

I am calling one of the possible night's hotels tomorrow, to see if I can secure us a block of rooms at our usual Rod Run discounted rate

As always more detailed information is always available on NERR's website
      Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; January 3, 2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I just started mapping out my route from York, PA tonight
        So. Central PA
        Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

That's awesome Bill!

Nothing definite is set yet for our kickoff location, but if you're mapping your drive out anyway, you can plug in Stratton Mountain in Vermont and that should at least be close... I hope.............

I think most of the trip's actual route highlights are already up on the website

Also, our Saturday and Sunday night hotels are now set and already booking

For those rolling in on Friday.... I should have the kickoff hotel set-up sometime in March at the latest, but probably more likely to be ready in February
          Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; January 14, 2013, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks.

That is a good distance (6.5 hours) for our drive to get there.

Not a biggie, we'll be stopping somewhere on the way home Monday night, we'll figure that out later with the others heading that way, still plenty of time......

We'll wait to hear from you in March...
            Last edited by Vsolo; January 15, 2013, 03:05 AM.
            So. Central PA
            Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

It's only going to be about a 4 hour ride for me

Comment

From input on NERR's forum and a couple of other forums, it sounds like we already have at least a half-dozen people booked for this year's trip

I am going to go out on a limb here and judging from the early interest, I am going to predict that this is going to be our biggest attended trip to date. I think our largest group was probably in 2010, where we had people picking up the trip and dropping off at different times. That year I think we had somewhere in the range of 30 cars total over the 3 days

Comment

Have to keep an eye on this trip. We toured VT last fall with car friends. Driving through the Green Mountains was beautiful. Be nice to go back, tour and hang out with car friends again. And it's so close to home. Not our usual two-day drive just to start. That's a plus!

Gwen (Phil's wife)

Comment

We'd love to have you. We spend 90% of our time OFF the interstates. We do most of our cruising on Scenic Byways whenever possible, so there is always great scenery

Where would you be coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by Northeast Rod Run View Post
                      We'd love to have you. We spend 90% of our time OFF the interstates. We do most of our cruising on Scenic Byways whenever possible, so there is always great scenery

Where would you be coming from?
                      We're from RI - Veteran of 13 Power Tours usually drive a Fiero

Comment

Originally posted by Phil View Post
                        We're from RI - Veteran of 13 Power Tours usually drive a Fiero
                        We're had people from RI join us almost every year and over 50% of our participants are HRPT veterans. The majority of people that take this trip are couples, but there are still plenty of singles too.

Some of the real nice advantages that we have, being a smaller type group, is that we can take the time to cruise on slower roads and enjoy the sites, all while not having to rush our trip, just to get to the next destination. Whenever our trips take a more northern direction (as we are this year), we're always flirting with the timing of the best Fall colors that the northeast has to offer at that time of year. Also, with us doing this the weekend before Columbus Day, we avoid all the major congestion that we would have hit if we waited one more week.

Comment

Booking info for all 3 nights is now up on NERR's forum. Saturday's and Sunday's hotels already have a limited availability and for those of you coming in on Friday, we were only able to lock up a small number of rooms (very busy weekend for that hotel), so you might not want to delay, or you could find yourself staying somewhere else

Friday is not an official part of the trip, but lot's of people use it as a travel day, so in turn we all use Friday night as a pre-kickoff party night. That night's hotel is in a great scenic area and it should be an awesome drive to get there..... no matter which direction you are coming from

See you all in 8 months!!!!!!

Comment

Just bringing this to the top.

Everyone has been booking Saturday and Sunday night's hotels for a while and just last week everyone started booking their rooms for Friday night

I guess on Friday, the hotel has a large bus group of old lady leaf-peepers and a Volvo car club staying there also. should be interesting... to say the least....

Comment

Is there a year cut off? Me and one or two of my friends might be interested in joining you but hes going to bring his 3 kids,is that cool?

Comment

Working...
                              X