No announcement yet.

2013 Western Scenic Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I told you to expect the unexpected while on the western scenic tour. On Sunday afternoon before dinner I have set up a private tour for our group of the new Las Vegas Mob Museum. I've never been but it looks very interesting and Las Vegas primarily exists today due to the mob. For those interested, apparently you will be able to shoot a "Tommy Gun" while there. While the Western Scenic Tour is free of cost, the museum wants $15.95 pp (normally $20 pp). So if you are attending the Western Scenic Tour and want to take a tour of the mob museum (the old las vegas post office) then send me a pm as payment must be made before the tour and they want a single payment.

I'm tellin you, don't miss this tour! Lots of fun stuff coming your way!
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

• Much like Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour, our countdown to the Western Scenic Tour has begun and as of April 1, 2013, we are 175 days out before we meet up in Las Vegas, Nevada! Here is a hint of a few of the things we will be doing on this tour that have not been mentioned or are recent topics:

Mob Museum Tour in Las Vegas followed by a group dinner that will hopefully include some entertainment !

Picnic Lunch in Zion National Park on the lawn in front of the Lodge!

Moab, Arches National Park Auto and photography Tour

Ouray, Colorado: Show and shine at the Rivers Edge Motel with a Best of Show Award. Hmm, who is going to judge?

BBQ at the Rivers Edge

These are just a few of the things you can expect! Stay tuned right here!

Comment

• For those who are attending the Western Scenic Tour one of the things you might want to think about is picking up one of the National Park passes. If you are 65 or older I believe you can get a pass for $10 good for life. If you are under 65 you can pick one up, good for a year for $80. These passes can be ordered on line or picked up in person at any National Park, National Recreation area and many US forest service offices. On this tour alone we will be passing through and touring at least two national parks. Most National Parks are around $20 to enter so this could save you some money if you visit these places often!

Comment

• I thought our registration for the WST included entry into the parks..I want my money back..
          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• I bought one of those a couple of years ago....I often go to Yellowstone in the summers, but I'm glad I'm gonna get to use it again!
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• I just got my pass, it's good at age 62. Heck of a deal!

Comment

• Originally posted by street72 View Post
                I thought our registration for the WST included entry into the parks..I want my money back..
                Haha Rett, what money were you referring to ?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
                  Haha Rett, what money were you referring to ?
                  Probably with the money he sent to claim his lottery winnings. He thought he would save the postage and send them in together
                  FKA Redragtop
                  (formerly known as)

Comment

• Leon, Where did you get your pass.. I'm glad you said that at 62 you can get one. I turn 65 3 weeks after the WST..
                    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• Rett, you can order them online or pick one up at a national park, national recreation area and when you are up here for the car show in august I believe you can get one at the Forest Service Discovery Center on the north side of the lake!

Comment

• I booked hotel rooms for the trip...at least through the first night in Ouray...will likely follow Rett back to So Cal when he leaves the tour...
                        Dannie
                        2010 Camaro SS
                        Long Haul 2010/2011
                        Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

• Rett, what he said. LOL

On the way back, there's a show at the Riverside in Laughlin, NV.

Comment

• If you want your senior pass by mail it costs an additional $10.00 for processing. You can save that money by waiting until you get to a park. All you need is your drivers license.
                            Jim & Maureen
                            There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                            HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

• Good morning Western Scenic Tour participants. I know many of you are preparing for the Hot Rod Power Tour but pls take a moment to forward your Mob Museum entrance fees to me as the museum is requesting half down ahead of time. Its $15.95 per person and you can send it to me at P.O. Box 2937, Big Bear City, CA 92314. I have leon's and mary's.

Doug

Comment

• Sorry Doug, ours will be in the mail tomorrow!

Linda

Comment

Working...
                                X