No announcement yet.

Pics of the cars you've owned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a few of the many over the years.

1970 Cuda 340 4-speed, ran 12.80's back in the late 1980's. It was a complete build I did from the bare shell. Even then it was hard to find 'Cuda parts. Sold it in about 1988 for 13.5k, which was good money for a Mopar back then.

1969 Superbee, 383 Auto, Factory F6 Ralley Green. Found it blown over in orange paint and abandoned behind a welding shop in a shanty town back in 1988. Paid 300 bucks for it and rebuilt it from a bare shell. Turned down 21.5K for it at auction, in 1989, sold it a year later for a LOT less.

This is my 1971 R/T. Bought it in '79, wrecked it twice and rebuilt it three times since then, and still have it, and it needs to be built again, but the paint is still good.

This was my daily driver for about 8 years. Never was a full resto, just 'fixed-up". Went from a factory 273 with bolt ons, to a mild 318, to a hot 318, to a wild solid-cammed 340. Went through a few 904 tranny's, one 727 that never blew, but replaced that with a four speed. Modded suspension and locker in rear. Overall, the best car I've had, now apart for full repaint inside and out and resto.

This was my 1970 "V-Code" factory 440 Six Pack, 4-Speed, Manual Steer, Super Trac Pac Dana Challenger. Was a daily driver for about a year. I think I paid around 5g's for it in like '87, and then sold it in '89 for 15K. Everything looked pretty good, but to take it to a top-level car it needed everything; basically a full build from the bare shell back up. I was money ahead at the time to just take the value appreciation on a decent looking driver. I used it as a driver and ran that thing all over. Swapped the 4.11's for 3.54's, and only repair was a new clutch.

Those are a few of the many. Still have quite a few great cars, but nothing as nice as I used to ride 20+ years ago.
    -dulcich

Comment

Here is the 'Bee while I was taking it apart for the rebuild. Took it all the way down, and as all the cars pictured above, painted it myself. It was a great driving car when done. The TT wheels I eventually put on it were scored after searching ghetto used tire shops and then giving the wheels a full resto. At the time, they had not been reproduced and had been out of production for well over a decade. In that era there were ZERO cars seen running those wheels.

-dulcich

Comment

You know one of the wierd things about the Dart - It came with a '69 273 which on paper was a shadow of the older 273 engines, with a small hyd cam, much lower compression, non-adjustable rockers, and 2V, with only single exhaust. I put in a 204/214 PAW cam, a Performer, four barrel, and duals to the stock manifolds. It had 2.73 gears, with a peg-leg. It ran low 15's in the low 90's with that combo at Famoso, which was way faster than any road test I could find on an earlier A-body like a Formula S with the hi-po 273 factory high-compression solid lifter four barrel engine. That was with the engine worn to the hilt too. When it finally died from a spun bearing, I pulled it apart and found lots of bore taper and the valves were sunk in the seats by like .100-inch. Strange, Huh?
        -dulcich

Comment

The only one I really miss now was my 56 Buick Special, it was a two door hardtop that ran and drove. Two speed with a 322 nailhead in it. These days it would be a stupid easy build for me if I could find a windshield for it. The only pic I have of it is 35mm, might have to scan it sometime. Wouldnt mind having the 72 Cutlass S I traded for the Buick, but I really dont have a use for it anymore. Have kept almost everything else.

Comment

i have had more cars then i have pics of but here are the ones with pics

1982 Grand Prix LJ Brougham mexico export with a 350 olds diesel and f41 sport suspention with a 3.73 posi factory. when i got it it had a 350 oldsmobile from a 1968 Ram Rod cutlass engine RPO W-31

next was a 1985 Monte Carlo with 46,000 original miles. problem was it sat in a field sense 1990. spent some time as a bracket racer in the 80's then the factory drive train was thrown back in and it sat untill i got it in 2007 i traded it for a 91 9C1 caprice

few cars later i got the 88 Diplomat

the 2003 Silhouette "Race Wagon" i bracket raced it for 3 years it was a dead nuts consistant 17.5 @75mph

my first rear modded car 2001 Grand Prix GT made 280 whell HP and 320 wheel tourqe ran 12.9 @110MPH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eUT8s0GRQQ

then i got the turd truck 1974 chevy 4x4

then the 1991 F150 xlt Lariat 4x4

the 92 Lebaron

the 84 Chevy berlinetta (wich is correct it was not a "camaro" both on the title and vin number)

2000 Grand Am GT i bought for $500 and sold for $1600

1997 Grand Marquis

2000 Grand Prix GTX sedan

1999 Grand Prix GTP coupe

1995 Cutlass i bought for $300 and sold for $1200 after fixing the rear frame rails

and finally the 1997 Grand Prix GT sedan

Last edited by Mater; June 17, 2012, 03:00 AM.
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

i leave out daily drivers as ive had a hundred or more, ill just post the ones i miss the most.

i owned this 1970 Cuda, back in the late 70's, it was a 440/6bbl car 4-speed/dana radio delete car i got it on trade with a moto x bike i had, it didnt run and was black in color, but was a unmolested muscle car, with help from my dad, we got it running decent and painted it like you see, but it was brutal on fuel..could be cuz of the way i drove it! i worked all week just to put fuel in it but it was fun, i regret letting it go now, i sold it for 2,200 dollars, thats right no extra zeros... if ida known then what i do now ehh? and yeah thats me standing behind it

Comment

so, then i got this 68 camaro started out like this..which i drove daily but then being the hot rodder i am couldnt leave well enough alone

so i rebuilt it, body paint interior and built a blown small block..this was 1983

Comment

i got a thing for V8 Vegas, kept the motor from the Camaro and built this one
                  this is 1985

Comment

My, my Mater you had a lot of practice owning family cars!
                    Last edited by skullbucket; June 17, 2012, 06:36 AM.

Comment

sometime about 1985 i went to the track with the Vega with the blower, it ran 10.90@122 that was a pretty fast street car back then but...you know how that goes.. i rebuilt it myself a 2nd time, this time tubbing and caging it, unsure of my welding back then i took the blower off and added a nitrous plate to the low compression 355, the car went 11 flat first pass down the track.. i raced this car for the next 10 years with nitrous, tweaking the lil 355 to 9.50's, a rod finnaly let go after 10 years, in the burnout box luckily. i then built a "good" 434 sb that went 9.06@151 then sold it it 1996 to step up my game. here is a pic with tubbed

Comment

70 Camaro rotisserie resto job, too nice for me, nothing to do to it so I sold it for the fun of it!
                        70 Coronet I do miss it but I welcomed the money it made!

Comment

wanting to do something more than bracket racing, i built this 1981 malibu for E-towns and Lebanon Valleys Top Street class, I also raced NMCA's Super Street a few times and although i won a couple of LV's races, i was a bottom qualifyer in the NMCA races and soon found out pretty quick that heads up racing needed deeper pockets than what i had, this car also ran 9.0hs but was 509 cubes, i started racing my Willys after parting with this car in 1997

Comment

Originally posted by mrbelvedere View Post
                            just sold it this yar a few of u may recognize it from the 06 pgds gone but not forgotten
                            I saw that car there at the PGD's and loved it so much it inspired me to try my hand at it in '08! Then they quit doing them. How rude!!!

Comment

Originally posted by abadwillys View Post

i leave out daily drivers as ive had a hundred or more, ill just post the ones i miss the most.

i owned this 1970 Cuda, back in the late 70's, it was a 440/6bbl car 4-speed/dana radio delete car i got it on trade with a moto x bike i had, it didnt run and was black in color, but was a unmolested muscle car, with help from my dad, we got it running decent and painted it like you see, but it was brutal on fuel..could be cuz of the way i drove it! i worked all week just to put fuel in it but it was fun, i regret letting it go now, i sold it for 2,200 dollars, thats right no extra zeros... if ida known then what i do now ehh? and yeah thats me standing behind it
                              I don't know which is cooler, the car or the picture. I remember the days of flipping through the Auto Trader and finding all kinds of muscle cars for less than 3 grand because nobody but high school kids wanted them.
                              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Bought this brand new in June of '79

Another pic of the lil red in the 80's. In front of it is the most valuable car I ever had/sold a '67 383 GTS Dart!

I miss this one too. '04 SRT 10

My '65 from the Car Craft Summer Nat's in Panama City

Last edited by mopower58; June 19, 2012, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X