Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car from movie "Drive" spotted yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car from movie "Drive" spotted yesterday.

The movie "Drive" will be out Sept 16th. I spotted the car in the driveway of the buyer/builder/lead actor's driveway yesterday. Ryan Gosling gave me permission to post this, so here goes.

Drive is not your usual big budget Hollywood splash flick. It's budget was under $10 million. It's about a mechanic who moonlights as a get away driver in order to make ends meet. He meets a girl and wants out, but has to complete one last job to keep his girl from harm from bad guys.

Ryan really wanted to pull off being a car guy, but really didn't know squat about cars. So, he went out and bought a '73 Malibu 454 coupe that was a total shit box and preceded to rebuild it from front to back. He also learned how drive it, getting stunt training from the pros.

I don't much about the car, but it is a factory 454 car, and still sports the big block. The paint was chosen to look like gray primer on screen. Inside, are buckets seats, nice stereo, Auto Meter gauges and tach, B&M Z Gate shifter. The wheels are Ridler's with Firestone Firehawk tires in 235/60's and 275/60's.

Here are a couple scenes from the movie. The official trailer will be released next month.

BTW, Ryan is a totally cool guy.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

only 10 mil.. only..

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
      only 10 mil.. only..
      Mr Popper's Penguin's advertising budget: @$70 million.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Ryan Gosling is my new favorite actor! I like these cars and this one looks freaking bad ass! Props to him for getting into the role in ALL the right ways!!!
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Holy shit!::Really a 73 Chevelle in a movie..he should have gone wider with the front tires,but the car looks great nonetheless..the movie looks tempting too.

Comment

So, do ya'll think he's been reading up on Blazerteam's Chevelle?

Looks like a cool flick.

Comment

cool.
              there is no movie with that year chevelle that I know of.

the new mirrors swapped in ruined it..I suppose I could watch anyway.

I had a 74.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Ha cool ! 70's chevy's getting some film time!

Comment

Sounds like a loose remake of the Driver with Ryan O'Neal... With better acting and more of a plot form what I have seen so far..

Comment

If that doesn't make me want my rustbucket back, nothing does. And I really do...
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

thats cool be became a car guy for the roll, looking forward to the movie
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

gots the good frame

Comment

Props to Ryan... not everyone is born a car guy, but anyone can join.

List some other COOL car-guy actors?

I'll start: Paul Newman: drove a stealth-mode Volvo wagon with full-on Mustang running gear. Said the cops never even looked twice when he was hauling ass.

Any others?
                          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Props to Mr. Gosling for wanting to actually learn about the car. I will now go see this movie.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

He had another motive as well, his '71 Camaro. He said he got taken on it and it's a total POS. Subframe rust, won't run. It's an odd ball car, SS stripes, RS front bumper, Z/28 rallys, no spoiler, column shifter, no console. It looked pretty nice, but I guess it's hiding a bunch of problems. He wants to fix it's issues and get rid of it.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X