Rebeldryver's '70 Caprice Granny's Luxo-Muscle-Barge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rebeldryver's '70 Caprice Granny's Luxo-Muscle-Barge

Looks much better , that Carls a good friend .

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a 295 /70

I used to have 295/ 50.

Of course there's always tire rack online to search.

Scott - I think it looks damned good the way it is! I like it without the caps too.

I wonder what it would look like with the centers (just around the lug nuts - the area under the center caps) painted black.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

pretty sure these are 295/70

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Scott, those look great. I need to consider doing that as well for my car with some old steel rims. cant wait to see it with all the ralleys on...I am digging the no center cap look as well...its more...racey
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I ordered the front tires today. I'm sticking with 275\60s on the back for now. I'd have to notch the frame to get anything bigger under there. I've only got 1/2 inch of clearance because the frame moves around the spring perch.

For Yannick, its no big deal to cut and weld all kinds of stuff to fit monster tires back there. Its more difficult for me. Besides, this is just my cruiser luxo barge.

John, I have access to derby caps and the smaller disc brake caps to see what works, but I'm kinda liking them capless.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott, the new stance looks great. I was wondering how the Imp is doing?
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano
                Still being ignored. I'm not happy about it either.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                  Originally posted by Huskinhano
                  Still being ignored. I'm not happy about it either.
                  sometimes you have to ignore the ones you love for the greater good.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Ignore a car in the cali climate,shouldnt hurt it much.. ;).295x60 in the rear on the Caprice should look great..

Comment

the stance and the rear tire wheel combo look kick ass in the back
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

The reason I didn't go out and buy brand new 275's for the back is I was pretty sure I'd have some rubbing. I was right. The right rear was rubbing against inner fender above the lip.

The damage done to the tire.

A shot looking up at the wheel well. For some reason it's closer on the right side than the left.

There is a ridge on the inner fender above the wheel opening where it is rubbing.

The left side.

This is a shot of how we moved the lower shot bolt up and in for clearance.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

A few pics with the new front tires/wheels on the car.

Trying out the derby caps.

Side profile with the caps.

And without the caps.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Loooooooks GREAT ;).Is it possibly that new bushings in the rear...or a panhard rod..would fix the rubbing?.Oh,it looks great btw..really.

Comment

What a difference. Looks great. I like with or without center caps, but if I had to choose, I would say without..it looks meaner.

whats the plan for the rubbing? gonna give it some gentle persuasion with a BFH?

Comment

Sawzall the wheel opening bigger. Like they did to 55 chevys :o
                                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                                X